• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 11:20 AM

That's too bad, maybe you can punch a few holes in the plastic to let the water drain then duct tape them over when you finish. Sorry it's got rougher under there.

#3032 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 12:49 PM

I hate having to work in conditions like that.  If I had to do it now I wouldn't be able to move for a week! I hope things get better for ya.

#3033 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 04:19 PM

I hate having to work in conditions like that.  If I had to do it now I wouldn't be able to move for a week! I hope things get better for ya.

Well, I just got out from under Dad's house after almost a whole day under there.  I am sore all over & figure I'll really feel it in the morning.  My left hip is sore from laying on it most of the time, and pretty every other muscle in my body has stretched beyond it's normal trying to reach things.  EVERYWHERE I needed to work, there were also water lines in the way, which doubled the difficulty if not tripled.  To anyone building a new home, DO NOT run water lines along side anything else, especially the drain pipes!

BUT, even with the pain, I am very happy to report this job is DUNN-done!!!  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

I pretty much did it all by myself.  Josh helped some yesterday, but today when he came out, I told him to just scrape manure off the lots & bed the stalls.  This is the kind of job that I can do better by myself as I don't have to explain the why & how, and I can just concentrate on getting it done.  Besides, when I'm working in these conditions I can do better if I can vent heavily when needed.  Nobody would like being there with me while I'm venting!  :rolling:

After I crawled out with all my tools & leftover PVC, I had Dad run water from kitchen, and both bathrooms while I crawled under to check for leaks.  NO LEAKS at all.  All piping is secured with metal strapping, so it should be good for another 35 years now at least!  I'll likely be dead before then, so I'm hoping this is my last time to crawl under there!

Nursing my wounds now with a cup of coffee and then hitting the shower.  I have a pile of nasty clothes to wash too, morning & afternoon wear.  Not as nasty by afternoon, as most of the crud was stuck to the morning clothes.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#3034 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 15, 2014 - 04:47 PM

Well, I just got out from under Dad's house after almost a whole day under there.  I am sore all over & figure I'll really feel it in the morning.  My left hip is sore from laying on it most of the time, and pretty every other muscle in my body has stretched beyond it's normal trying to reach things.  EVERYWHERE I needed to work, there were also water lines in the way, which doubled the difficulty if not tripled.  To anyone building a new home, DO NOT run water lines along side anything else, especially the drain pipes!
  BUT, even with the pain, I am very happy to report this job is DUNN-done!!!  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:
I pretty much did it all by myself.  Josh helped some yesterday, but today when he came out, I told him to just scrape manure off the lots & bed the stalls.  This is the kind of job that I can do better by myself as I don't have to explain the why & how, and I can just concentrate on getting it done.  Besides, when I'm working in these conditions I can do better if I can vent heavily when needed.  Nobody would like being there with me while I'm venting!  :rolling:
  After I crawled out with all my tools & leftover PVC, I had Dad run water from kitchen, and both bathrooms while I crawled under to check for leaks.  NO LEAKS at all.  All piping is secured with metal strapping, so it should be good for another 35 years now at least!  I'll likely be dead before then, so I'm hoping this is my last time to crawl under there!
  Nursing my wounds now with a cup of coffee and then hitting the shower.  I have a pile of nasty clothes to wash too, morning & afternoon wear.  Not as nasty by afternoon, as most of the crud was stuck to the morning clothes.

bet your sooooo glad that the job is behind you. now on to the next project.
  • olcowhand and Craig. have said thanks

#3035 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,238 Thanks
  • 5,076 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 06:37 PM

Nothing like the feeling of completing a job.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#3036 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 06:51 PM

Glad you got it out of the way! I know the feelings of working under a house all to well! Hope you get to stay vertical for a few days!

#3037 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 07:00 PM

Just as I got out from under the house, before the leak test, Dad said "come in & sit down to rest".  I told him I wanted to walk a bit, so I walked for a few minutes to stretch things back to normal!  Sitting didn't appeal at the time.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#3038 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:15 PM

Glad to hear it is all done.

#3039 Texas Deere and Horse ONLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 09:54 PM

Great deal Daniel, I know that you maybe hurting but are smiling ear to ear knowing that tomorrow you aren't going back under the house!! Now if you can still walk in the morning it will be a great day.

#3040 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 07:36 AM

Only new issue today is that my stomach muscles are really sore.  Not bad at all, at least compared to what I expected.  I am glad I did this repair, as from the difficulty experienced, I can safely say I saved a BIG wad of cash!

Going to work on my ATV pull behind sprayer this morning, then once the heavy dew dries, the whole place needs mowing.  I milked the other night so Josh could attend a school play, so tonight is a very rare Friday evening off milking, coupled to Saturday normal day off.  3 milkings off in a row!   :dancingbanana:

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#3041 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,405 Thanks
  • 39,661 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 08:03 AM

Sounds like a good deal to me, Daniel. Glad the body let you get back vertical this morning!

#3042 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 10:46 AM

Working on my sprayer now.  Should have operational this afternoon, but not the boom just yet, just the spray wand.  I have to pick up a barb T fitting and a shutoff valve for the boom.  I have a 12V solenoid valve for the boom, but I also want a cutoff valve for insurance.

Was going to mow after lunch, but radar shows rain knocking on my door.  Just a narrow band, so hoping it'll dry off enough later in the day for mowing.

• Craig. said thank you

#3043 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 11:03 AM

This morning started as usual...milking the cows.  Then I did a little more wiring on my atv/GT pull behind sprayer.   I bought a wireless remote 12VDC switch to activate the boom when doing large areas.  There was one area too wet for the big sprayer to get into, so this sprayer will fit the bill just fine.  I may go spray that spot today.  About a half acre, maybe less.

Then I dehorned 4 heifers and one bull (just banded today, so almost a steer).  Gave them their shots, separated them from the younger, then moved 3 fresh weaned calves over.  Then I got my pole tree trimmer (rope/blade type) & cut off some low hanging limbs on a Maple tree in my yard.  Then I repaired a leaking steering line on the Massey 175.  2 steel lines rubbed till one wore through.  I found I was out of oxy & acetelyne, so I cleaned the tubing VERY well, then stripped some copper electrical wire, wrapped it tight around the worn spot, then soldered.  This should last years.  I also cut a piece of rubber hose, then zip tied it in place over the hose where they tend to rub.  Busy morning, but so far a good day!

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., JDBrian and 1 other said thanks

#3044 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 12:51 PM

Oh, forgot the five 125lb lick buckets I placed out with my Massey 1655's FEl this morning also.  Since lunch I've sprayed 3 tanks with my sprayer (45 gallons).  Going down the fence-row by the road next.

• Craig. said thank you

#3045 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 03:37 PM

Sprayed 3 more tanks of 2-4D.  While at Dad's spraying his yard, one of my 2 sisters that have colon cancer stopped to visit.  Mary Lois looks great!  She's doing pretty good.  3 &1/2 more months treatments left at this point.  My other sister with colon cancer, Angela has been feeling pretty rough.  They found a spot on her lung & it has grown.  Biopsy on the 21st.  

Feed silage after this cup of coffee, then I'm done for the day.  

• Craig. said thank you