• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 24, 2014 - 04:56 PM

Just now finished chores.  As I was walking to the house after feeding silage, I thought I'd just go ahead & see if I could get that metal panel out of the silage wagon, as I've had a fan blowing into it for over an hour.  That's when I realized I was doing good to place one foot in front of the other.....so I came on in the house!   I'm leaving the fan run into the tank all night, just to be sure!

Been going flat out for 12 hours, and I only took maybe 20 minutes for breakfast & the same at lunch.  I am beat.  But the poo pit is a good 2+ feet lower, so a couple days and we can empty the thing.  30% chances of rain the next 2 days, so maybe we'll get lucky & stay dry.  Gotta order feed & fuel tomorrow morning.  OUT of diesel, and low on feed.  I'm low on feed myself, but supper is almost ready!  :thumbs:

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, sacsr and 4 others have said thanks

#2657 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 24, 2014 - 10:03 PM

Daniel

Better get some rest.  Tomorrow is another big day.  Hope you get as much moisture as we got out of this storm.  We got1/2 inch of wet snow.  Hope for your sake it either goes north or south of you.  So you can get the pit empty.  

No body hauling manure up this way yet.  Still got frost, and most guys up this way inject it.  

• trowel said thank you

#2658 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:23 AM

No poo hauling today! :wallbanging:   Still snowing too.

DSC00089.JPG

• Craig., trowel and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2659 trowel ONLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 08:19 AM

You got in a 12 hour day, chill for a moment and recupe, tommorow you can fling some more poo !!!!!

#2660 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,507 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 09:26 AM

I'm glad I live down here! Might be chilly out, but no white stuff to contend with right now!

#2661 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 09:39 AM

You got in a 12 hour day, chill for a moment and recupe, tommorow you can fling some more poo !!!!!

Yes, guess so, but not tomorrow, as the top of the ground will be way too greasy for the sloping fields.  Maybe next week.  And looking closer today, I'd say we took the pit almost 3' down.  We were rolling yesterday!

And to make me feel better, I got my rims cleaned up & ready for my new rear tires due here tomorrow for the Bush Hog HD-12D!  :thumbs:

• powerking56, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 3 others have said thanks

#2662 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 25, 2014 - 10:05 AM

if all else fails it would be a good shop day!
  • trowel said thank you

#2663 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 01:36 PM

Straightened up a bit in the shop, then with the wind & temps coming up, the snow is almost gone & surfaces beginning to dry.  So hoping I might haul poo tomorrow, I figured to get that metal panel out of my poo tank.  I already had a fan blowing into it, but I swapped it out to my electric leaf blower to vent it REAL good.  Dropped a burning cloth in & all is good to go.  I knew it would be ok, but best to be sure before starting cutting that panel up.  Cut it into 4 pieces & all is out.  Now I need to get to town tonight to pick up the new tractor batteries.  My tractor ran all day with good charging system, and it barely moved the engine today.  Pulled the battery and guess we got our money out of this one.....8 years!   The huge battery in the loader only lasted 2 years & is crapped out.  Only reason it starts still is we plug an "on board" 2 amp charger in after every use.

• Craig., KennyP and trowel have said thanks

#2664 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 03:57 PM

Heading to TSC in just a bit.  Gotta get it over with & lay down $300 for 3 new batteries.  Dang, they're calling for 16F for a low tonight!  Maybe we'll haul poo, and maybe we won't!  I need to go fire up the one Massey to open the trap door so any remaining manure won't freeze it solid.

• Craig. and trowel have said thanks

#2665 trowel ONLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 05:16 PM

Odd how it flips so fast, i have been tracking the weather for the past few weeks and it is just about day by day changes now.

• olcowhand said thank you

#2666 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 884 Thanks
  • 765 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:39 PM

I'm so sick of this weather. It's time to start gardening! :-) get some GT time in doing something other than blowing snow.

Edited by BaumBaum, March 25, 2014 - 06:41 PM.

• olcowhand said thank you

#2667 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:38 PM

Got my batteries, plus I bought 3 pairs of winter gloves on clearance that actually fit my hands loosely!  Usually I can't find any large enough.  These aren't the best for hard working gloves, but they have "Thinsulate", and the best part is I got all 3 pair for just $11.

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2668 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,767 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:50 PM

It is about impossible for me to find gloves that fit. I guess anyone with hands the size of mine have stubby fingers. It gets old when the middle knuckle is inside the glove and not the finger. Although that is better than having your hands freeze to cold steel.

• Craig. and trowel have said thanks

#2669 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 07:33 AM

My fingers are longer than my palm, so no problem filling the finger part of a glove.

Looking to start poo hauling in a few minutes.  Temp is 20F out, and didn't get down to 16F like they said.   

• Craig., KennyP and trowel have said thanks

#2670 trowel ONLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 07:49 AM

It is about impossible for me to find gloves that fit. I guess anyone with hands the size of mine have stubby fingers. It gets old when the middle knuckle is inside the glove and not the finger. Although that is better than having your hands freeze to cold steel.

I understand, short fat little fingers, don't tell anyone :oh_shucks: but i use to buy womens heavy duty gloves because it fit better, now my fat stiff little fingers don't fit anything anymore !!.

• Craig. said thank you