• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 08:36 AM

It's raining here this morning, so hoping it will thaw the water pipes to the barn.  I think I'll take Teresa for breakfast somewhere in a few minutes.  She didn't sleep well at all last night.

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2387 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,494 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 08:47 AM

Sorry to hear Daniel, I would say we all probably know your pain. I lost two long time freinds within 3 months last yr, it can be rough to lose them.

• olcowhand, sacsr and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2388 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:35 AM

Pretty cool out, and a cold rain expected to change to snow tonight.  Got the shop heater going, and gonna spend some time in a little while getting the shop straightened up a bit, and may pull a lift cylinder apart on my MF1655D.  The right cylinder shaft seal is puking oil BAD.  

• Craig. said thank you

#2389 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:38 AM

I hope today is a better day for You and Teresa, glad to hear Y'all are going to go out and get something to eat. Shop time will do you some good also.

#2390 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:42 AM

I hope today is a better day for You and Teresa, glad to hear Y'all are going to go out and get something to eat. Shop time will do you some good also.

Had a good simple breakfast at Dairy Queen a while ago.  Just getting ready to head to the shop for some mental therapy time.  Might actually get some cleaning done down there too.  BUT, I can get distracted so easily!  GT's & shiny objects can sideline the cleanup!  :smilewink:

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2391 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:14 PM

Talk about sidelined...I never even got started cleaning things.  I got a tube in one tire, and my oil gauge line kit installed on my MF1655 Diesel.  I have a high quality Stewart Warner gauge, and after engine was up to full op temps, on high end she has 60psi, and at low idle 50psi!  :thumbs:

• Craig., KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2392 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:23 PM

Boy, that is some really good oil pressures for sure. Glad you worked and got side tracked on cleaning, some times it's the best thing for us. As long as you can still find stuff!!

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2393 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:48 PM

AHA! Stress reliever! Cool! Have fun!

#2394 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 02:08 PM

Up for a quick lunch.  I actually started cleaning things a bit.  Well, putting tools away at the moment, then clean.  Gonna get a lot more done after my late lunch.

• Craig. said thank you

#2395 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 03:59 PM

Decided to call it a day cleaning.  Got some room opened up, lots of tools put away, and even some room on the tool bench.  I got sidelined again on my front end loader.  That leak in the right lift cylinder was screaming my name.  Got it apart to find the piston seals were in a good 100 pieces, and the shaft seal was worn almost away with just the inner portion left.  The other cylinder isn't leaking, but I'll go through both of them.  With the one's parts out to go by, I can go pick up 2 kits.

Gonna go check on Mom & Dad in a bit.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2396 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 05:21 PM

Sounds like a little more relaxing day. Glad you enjoyed it.

• olcowhand said thank you

#2397 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 06:03 PM

I miss my Sammy a lot, but am coming to terms with it.  Like I said, the worst was watching it all happen to my little buddy.  Eating meals isn't the same without him staring a hole through me.  Sammy was the only dog I ever had that loved green beans even!  I'll think of him as long as I live, just as I do all the dogs I've ever had, and there have been a bunch of them.  To be honest, I took a death of a pet much easier when I was young.  They bore pretty deep into this older skin it seems.

I had a pretty decent day.  Just got back from checking on Mom & Dad, and my youngest brother was bringing them supper tonight. 

• Craig., KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#2398 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 06:19 PM

Decided to call it a day cleaning.  Got some room opened up, lots of tools put away, and even some room on the tool bench.  I got sidelined again on my front end loader.  That leak in the right lift cylinder was screaming my name.  Got it apart to find the piston seals were in a good 100 pieces, and the shaft seal was worn almost away with just the inner portion left.  The other cylinder isn't leaking, but I'll go through both of them.  With the one's parts out to go by, I can go pick up 2 kits.

Gonna go check on Mom & Dad in a bit.

Daniel I always rebuild my cylinders as pairs if they are used they way, I learned a long time ago that the one that isn't leaking right now will be just after you start using the equipment again. :wallbanging:  Our All-Terrain 15 ton Galion crane taught me that the hard way. I rebuilt one of the out rigger cylinders that was leaking, first lift after that the other one on the front started to leak badly followed shortly by both the back ones. The front ones I did one at a time, then both the back ones, after it taking 3 times in the shop, I never did one at a time again..

• olcowhand, KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#2399 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 10:19 AM

Got the cows milked, the started looking over the milk tank wash system.  I can't find anything to cause back pressure for that hose to keep blowing off.  But it's a plastic/vinyl type hose & it's hard as a rock.  I can warm it in hot water, then it's pliable as ever, then clamp it on.....blows off.  I think it's just too slick & after it re-hardens, it is just too slick to grip.  I had just more than enough Good Year 200psi hose to replace it, and man does it's rubber core grip the stainless tubing.  I tightened the clamp as much as I dared, then also put a retaining wire around it to the next "T" in the line.  Sure hope this will do the trick.  Had about 1" of the Good Year hose left so I can go by General Rubber & plastics & pick up a few more feet to have on hand.  This business is on my way to the hydraulic store where I need to pick up my hydraulic cylinder packing kits.  Dad has an eye Dr appointment Wednesday, so IF the predicted ice doesn't prevent the trip, I'll pick all this up then.

Gonna go clean more on the shop today.  Josh will scrape lots & feed hay rolls.  I also need to get herd records caught up as I have a Vet herd check tomorrow morning.  Just hauled water from parlor down to the young calves.  Truck was covered in 1/4" of ice, then maybe an inch of snow, so had to let it run & defrost first.  Gonna be smart & park it under roof later today.  So far, so good today.  :thumbs:

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2400 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 12:04 PM

Got the other FEL lift cylinder taken apart.  It was still in decent shape as far as the packings, but best to do them both.  Been needing to build a stack for the exhaust on the 1655D, & now is done, but need to pick up a 1 1/2" muffler clamp.  

• MH81, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks