8682 replies to this topic

#2296 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 10:13 AM

I'm hungry now darn!  I ate some chocolate doughnuts and milk for breakfast.  Really need some eggs, potatoes sausage and toast..

• olcowhand said thank you

#2297 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 10:32 AM

And like Willie, nothing like a good cup of coffee in the morning!  My doc said it appears caffeine isn't the cause of my palpitations & leans to stress being the major contributor, sooooo......

After my doc visit, we went to the salvage grocery store & found the "mother load" of my favorite coffee!  

attachicon.gifDSC00008.JPGattachicon.gifDSC00009.JPG

So what are you going to drink next week?

• olcowhand said thank you

#2298 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 10:35 AM

So what are you going to drink next week?

This is my day of rest & relaxation....don't make me think that far ahead!  :rolling:

• Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2299 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 02:05 PM

Daniel, you've of a lot of poo!

As hard as the wind has been coming out of the southwest all night, I'm afraid some of these brown drifts I have in my yard may have some of this poo in them.  :biting_nails:

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#2300 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 07:18 PM

Decided to go on to Munfordville, eat Chinese (and get Mom & Dad take-out boxes), then go to our favorite Amish grocery.  They have the best bakery ever!  Before the grocery I went to fill up the Jeep, but ran into a BAD problem.  As it got full, gas started pouring from the top of the tank.  Drove slow & easy the rest of the trip to get to Dad's to visit & drop off the Chinese.  Once I got home, I put the rear wheels of the Jeep on blocks, then went to siphon the fuel from the tank.  I already knew I must have slipped the fuel pump unit's seal out of place when I installed it.  Well, NOBODY can siphon fuel from your Jeep Cherokee tank, that's for sure!  Has a little turned down poppet valve inside the tank.  NO WAY even a tiny hose can make it through.  BUT the tank was out of my parts Jeep, so I could see the vent hose was open enough for a small hose.  A 3/8" fuel line slips in ever so tight, so I got 11 gallons siphoned out tonight, then called it a day.  I need to borrow another 5 gallon can to go with my 3 gallon I've yet to fill, then the tank will be almost empty.  No sweat fixing it, but I did sweat a bit when that fuel ran everywhere at the gas station!  Just glad it wasn't Fall with people burning leaves in the ditches!  

:biting_nails:

• Craig. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2301 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 07:51 PM

Wow that could have made a hot time in the old town.

• olcowhand, Craig. and KennyP have said thanks

#2302 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 09:11 AM

Down to the shop in a few minutes to see what I did wrong installing the fuel pump.  I'm betting the seal either got pushed through on the far side, or split.

• Texas Deere and Horse and trowel have said thanks

#2303 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 11:46 AM

Fuel leak issue is fixed, and as I suspected, the side hard to see of the pump seal was pushed into the tank.  This time I removed the fill & vent hoses so I could pull the tank out in the open.  All in the right places, and while I had the Jeep raised, I adjusted my emergency brake cables.  Door hinge rollers popped & squeaked, so they got some moly grease as well.   :thumbs:

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2304 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 11:51 AM

Like I said it's always when you fill up the tank...

Glad all is safe and well. My dad's old jeep cj actually had the tank rust through

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 26, 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#2305 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 11:53 AM

My tank is poly, so no rusting on this one.   :thumbs:

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#2306 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 01:39 PM

I wanted to say thanks to you I had to make a special trip to cracker Barrell last night for eggs potatoes ham bacon sausage sausage gravy fried apples and biscuits.

It was awesome
  • olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#2307 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 07:10 PM

Evening milking finished, so time to rest up for a couple BUSY days.  Tomorrow we a have feed/supply delivery coming to unload, and if my steel is ready to pick up, I'll make a run to pick that up.  Calf feed to grind, and several other little things before the 2 days of below zero F weather returns.  Tuesday I take Dad for blood work immediately after morning milking, 100 mile round trip, then immediately when I get home, I have 4 cows that need taken to market.  Only one NEEDS to go, but 3 others have played out, so I'll make it a load.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#2308 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 10:21 PM

Glad you got the Jeep fixed and didn't loose a lot of gas. Also glad you had a good day off to rest up for the next few days. Do you take the cows to a market or the auction and go you stay to see them sell if it's the auction?

#2309 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:43 AM

Auction style.  I never stay to watch....always have things to do, plus they bring what they bring anyway.

Today has been wild. Temps dropped 30 degrees in 3 hours, windy!  Southern States calls & says they'll be here soon....like in an hour, and that was 40 minutes ago.  Then my parlor drain stops up, so I have to rod that out.  Then have to start 3 different pieces of equipment to prepare for the supplies coming.  Now wolfing down oatmeal for breakfast, no time for a sit down good breakfast.

• Texas Deere and Horse, Craig., HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#2310 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:12 AM

Wow, busy morning & wind is making it feel lots colder than the 14F.  Wind chill below zero.  Recapping my morning, I got the cows in from the field, fed silage, milked the cows, ground a load of feed & unloaded into the feeder for the calves, then moved the Cat loader up to the barn to unload supplies from the truck when it arrives, started the MF175 & moved it to gain access to where we'll put the mineral, then got the old Hough wheel loader started so I could move the big poo piles before the below zero weather hits.  Got the one pile pushed into the pit.  The other I may leave, as it's not in the way.  Then the truck came.  Unloaded 20- 125lb molasses supplement tubs, 20 bags of mineral, 10 bags of sodium bicarb, and 90 bags of compressed sawdust.  All I did myself except for unloading the truck, Josh helped me do that.  

After lunch will be easier.  Modern Welding hasn't finished my steel order, so I pretty much have all my work caught up so all I have to do is feed silage this afternoon.  I really didn't mind being so busy this morning, as it's so cold out, one must keep busy.  My feet are COLD!  Gonna dig up my thick winter socks.  2 pair regular socks aren't cutting it today!

• powerking56, Texas Deere and Horse, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks