• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Letting the goop out is just as bad as letting the magick smoke out!  And I was expecting the $299 price tag on the stove control.

I'd say it let the smoke out too, but inside the freezer we never noticed it.  Besides, the furnace & smoked breaker had the house smelling anyway.  Fred is almost here, so I should have the furnace up & running after while.  :thumbs:

Also, my sawmill buddy who is shut down sawing for now got hold of a sawmill he sells logs to, and looks like I can get my sawdust through them till Chris fires up his mill again.  Same price as I paid Chris.  I called this mill before a few years ago & they wouldn't sell me sawdust, saying it was all contracted out, which it still is.  But since Chris spoke to him, I got my foot in the door!  Pays to have friends with contacts!  :thumbs:

This post above got delayed when Fred got here, almost 2 hours ago.  So now I am very happy to report......"Houston, my furnace has lift-off!! "

:dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana: 

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, sacsr and 5 others have said thanks

#1937 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 08:20 PM

This post above got delayed when Fred got here, almost 2 hours ago.  So now I am very happy to report......"Houston, my furnace has lift-off!! "

:dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

Wonderful news Daniel, I'm so glad to hear it's up and running!! :thumbs:

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1938 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have to admit, my mental fuse has been pushed to it's limit the last few weeks.  This morning on the way to town, or all morning for that matter, I was close to the breaking point.  But having finally got at least the furnace working was a huge boost. So many things are going wrong around here, and only now are things tipping slightly my way.  Teresa is mentally shot as well.  She has been a HUGE support to me.  I had so many financial things to tend to today, so she had to drive Mom separately to visit Dad at rehab.  Then she took her to the grocery, where Mom took forever.  Everyone in the store knew all about everything by the time Teresa got her back to the car.  I expect Mom needed to talk a lot more than usual being she's spent so much more time alone lately, so can't blame her.  But then Mom never stops talking anytime she has an audience.  :smilewink:

Now if I can get a few more things going right, maybe I can get back to my doctor about my heart palpitations.  I was supposed to go by end of November, but not had the time.  Not been feeling my best for a while now.  My blood pressure has surprisingly stayed at safe levels, slightly higher than normal at times, but still in the AOK range.

• powerking56, Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#1939 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Does any woman ever stop talking when they have an audience?

• olcowhand said thank you

#1940 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:55 PM

Careful Willie, that one could bite you,  lol.

#1941 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 03:18 AM

Not to give you another thing to stress over but if your fan was hit that hard, it means your compressor was on too. Watch it like a hawk for several weeks... Same with the deep freeze.

Btw, ask around at the neighbors, did anyone else get hit?
  • olcowhand, HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1942 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 06:14 AM

Glad to hear the furnace is working!

#1943 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 06:52 AM

Glad you got the furnace up and running, also that you can get more sawdust/bedding.  Same story around here, most of the small saw mills have closed.

#1944 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Now today is super busy.  Vet is on his way for herd check, and I went to get the truck ready for hauling the sawdust.  She started right up, but the power steering isn't working.  Letting it run to see if it starts working after warming.  Topped the fluid, but still nothing much, but it tries.  Can't find the right tarp, so looks like I'll have to use 2 tarps to get the dust covered.  Have to stop at TSC & get a pile of bungee straps first,  Snowing some & the truck needs wipers bad, so gotta stop & get those too.  Gonna be a stressful day again.  :wallbanging:

• HDWildBill, twostep, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#1945 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Have a safe and productive day, Dan. Don't let the the stress turn into frustration.... tends to cause other problems.

(If you're like me...... I bet that tarp is right where you left it??!!  :poke: )

#1946 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Not to give you another thing to stress over but if your fan was hit that hard, it means your compressor was on too. Watch it like a hawk for several weeks... Same with the deep freeze.

Btw, ask around at the neighbors, did anyone else get hit?

Fred is just up the road, and my son's house, and they didn't get hit at all, but then they didn't have a generator going to where anything was running at the time.

Have a safe and productive day, Dan. Don't let the the stress turn into frustration.... tends to cause other problems.

(If you're like me...... I bet that tarp is right where you left it??!!  :poke: )

Too late....frustration abounds, or at least has at times.  I'm handling things ok at the moment.  I need rest more than anything.

Looked everywhere, and even called Dad.  He told me they were where I found these two 16' tarps.  This truck bed requires a 20' tarp.  The old one was beginning to get ripped corners anyway, so TSC will hopefully have a 20' tarp in stock.  I'm taking both these 16'ers just in case.  I can overlap them if I have to.  Just hope they have a lot of rubber bungee straps!

Vet check is over and sure glad.  My toes & fingertips are cold as ice!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1947 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hope the heater in the truck works and you get some power back in the steering..  

#1948 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hope the heater in the truck works and you get some power back in the steering..  

The heater used to work, but I haven't checked it yet today.  Sure hope it does, but I have to make the trip regardless.  The old C65 Chevy heater quit long ago, but this GMC Topkick is in much better shape.  

• Texas Deere and Horse and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1949 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 11:47 AM

I feel for you, Dan. I wish we lived closer!

• olcowhand said thank you

#1950 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted December 10, 2013 - 11:50 AM

My oldest sister Wanda (baumbaum's mom) is in the hospital, as she went to the ER last night & they admitted her. .  She is very sick to her stomach & more.  Tests haven't found the issue yet, but they are still running further tests.  Our aging family is coming apart at the seams it would appear. Sure hope & pray she gets better. 

So at the moment I have 2 sisters taking chemo for colon cancer, one of which has her surgery tomorrow.  Dad had surgery & is in rehab.  I have another sister who rarely is able to walk with MS, now Wanda in hospital for unknown reasons.  Mom's leg & knee is giving her problems.  I don't know what is next.  

• twostep, oldedeeres and SupplySergeant have said thanks