Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * - 22 votes

Life On & Off My Farm - Life Changes

• Please log in to reply
8682 replies to this topic

#1921 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 09:38 AM

Sure hope things start to improve for you.

• olcowhand said thank you

#1922 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hope you get a handle on things. This weather doesn't help either.

• olcowhand said thank you

#1923 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Located furnace parts in Louisville.  Trying to get hold of my bro-in-law to see if he can pick them up for me.  He works in Louisville.   ...........Just got hold of Fred...he'll be picking up my furnace parts for me!   :dancingbanana:

• powerking56, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#1924 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 11:05 AM

What can you do to head off the mastitis, anything?

Glad to hear you have parts coming home this evening.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1925 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Daniel , I talked to one of the linemen here and they said that you should make sure you have 2 driven ground rods for each panel and a surge protetor ( I don't know if that would help in your case becuse the surge is on the netural )   I asked about the ground wire on the transformer pole and he said it's not always grounded to the netural sometimes just the transformer case , then he explained way more then I could understand lol . He also said you should call the power co. and tell them what had happen ,(  try to file a claim )

• Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1926 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 12:51 PM

Definitely try to file a claim. Anyone that works on your stuff, make sure you document what they did and/or what they used. Also make sure you ask them to note that it is damage consistent with a surge on the neutral.

#1927 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Not had time to call the power company yet.  Got to town to take papers to tax office, get copy of bank statements, paid 2 local bills, and visited with Dad.  He's doing pretty good, especially compared to when he arrived here.  Fred has my furnace parts in his car already, so later tonight I should have a working furnace again.  

The mastitis will be a hard battle, and I'll never win it till I can find the time to get these stalls repaired.  I also have to find a new source for sawdust bedding this week, as I am OUT.  Just not enough hours in the day anymore.  I need to finish readying records for the vet check tomorrow still.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1928 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 02:25 PM

Not had time to call the power company yet.  Got to town to take papers to tax office, get copy of bank statements, paid 2 local bills, and visited with Dad.  He's doing pretty good, especially compared to when he arrived here.  Fred has my furnace parts in his car already, so later tonight I should have a working furnace again.  

The mastitis will be a hard battle, and I'll never win it till I can find the time to get these stalls repaired.  I also have to find a new source for sawdust bedding this week, as I am OUT.  Just not enough hours in the day anymore.  I need to finish readying records for the vet check tomorrow still.

Daniel, hate to say it, but if you intend to make a claim, you may need to hire out some of the repairs.  If you make a claim to the power Co. and the damage is only verified by you, they can more easily say it isn't their problem.  I know it's hard to wait on a furnace repair, but at least call the power co. and get their input before you do anything.

#1929 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 03:33 PM

Howard, the furnace parts were $116, so at this point I'm not worried if my power company paid a cent.  I have to get this furnace going tonight.  I found a cook stove control panel used for just $38 to my door.  Just gonna eat it if I have to, as I don't have the luxury of time to wait.  Plus if I hire somebody to come out, most likely they still won't pay anything towards it, then I'll be eating their service call plus their inflated parts prices.  

I am finally seeing some daylight, so I'm keeping things rolling towards the positive side.  Just got my paperwork ready for tomorrow's vet check, and just need to call them so my vet can bring other items I need.

• Texas Deere and Horse, HowardsMF155 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#1930 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Howard, the furnace parts were $116, so at this point I'm not worried if my power company paid a cent.  I have to get this furnace going tonight.  I found a cook stove control panel used for just $38 to my door.  Just gonna eat it if I have to, as I don't have the luxury of time to wait.  Plus if I hire somebody to come out, most likely they still won't pay anything towards it, then I'll be eating their service call plus their inflated parts prices.  

I am finally seeing some daylight, so I'm keeping things rolling towards the positive side.  Just got my paperwork ready for tomorrow's vet check, and just need to call them so my vet can bring other items I need.

I completely understand.  That stove control panel is much lower than I would have expected.  And no, I wouldn't be happy about having to eat service charges either, I was just giving you the heads up, the P.C may be more reluctant to pay if you do the work yourself.  I'd still talk to them about the surge protector, isn't that their equipment also?

#1931 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 03:57 PM

No, they've never supplied surge suppressors, and I've put quite a few in my box over the years.  One leg of my suppressor is still working, and I have the old one which is good on one side.  I should be able to use both & have both legs covered.  I'll see if they will supply a new one though....won't cost anything to ask.

BTW....the stove controller new is $299 plus tax!  The entire stove only costs around $400.  I still have my old GE stove, so I was thinking of removing the led console from this one, making a plate to cover the hole & installing the manual control from the GE into this stove.  I HATE these sensitive control panels!  :wallbanging:

#1932 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 04:02 PM

Arrrrggg......now my refrigerator circulating fan isn't running!

#1933 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 05:36 PM

Arrrrggg......now my refrigerator circulating fan isn't running!

Wow... $125 plus shipping from all appliance shops online.  Bought the same fan off ebay from a large appliance sales place for $22 TO MY DOOR!  Fan will be here Friday.

Just removed fan, and goop had melted out of the field windings.

#1934 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 05:39 PM

Wow... $125 plus shipping from all appliance shops online.  Bought the same fan off ebay from a large appliance sales place for $22 TO MY DOOR!  Fan will be here Friday.

Just removed fan, and goop had melted out of the field windings.

Letting the goop out is just as bad as letting the magick smoke out!  And I was expecting the $299 price tag on the stove control.

#1935 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted December 09, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Ohhhh electrical goop is always bad.