• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:30 PM

I do the same thing . Daniel. About 3-4 PM I'm out of steam. Glad the poo is done.

#1682 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hmmm, sounds like my blood-pressure stuff. Makes me piss at least hourly, and it's a good substitute for sleeping pills. But, it still beats the massive headaches (not to mention possibility of stroke!) from hypertension

Thing is, I have NEVER had high blood pressure, but this med also helps control rhythm issues, which has been my problem.  I just now got finished with my day.  14 hours, and I am beat to the bone.  Wouldn't be nearly as tired if it wasn't for the BP pill though I'm sure.  Josh's day off tomorrow, so another long day, but I can take it easy part of the time between morning & evening chores.  I do have another cow with calf to get in though.  I have Sunday off, but plan to do some of the siding I still need to finish on my house.

• Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#1683 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:57 PM

A doc put me on blood pressure meds a while back and I nearly tore the back wall off the house the day after I started it. I couldn't sit still. I flushed it down the toilet. Two days later I was finally able to sit down and breathe. I did get a lot done though. Funny thing though - after that doc tried to put me on meds for high blood sugar without even doing a test I walked out and never went back. My new doc says my BP is barely high and my sugar is perfect. Maybe I should find some of those meds and go spend the day with the old doc.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#1684 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 45293
  • 1,079 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:19 PM

LOL. If more people did that, doctors might actually listen!
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#1685 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,079 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:22 PM

Thing is, I have NEVER had high blood pressure, but this med also helps control rhythm issues, which has been my problem. I just now got finished with my day. 14 hours, and I am beat to the bone. Wouldn't be nearly as tired if it wasn't for the BP pill though I'm sure. Josh's day off tomorrow, so another long day, but I can take it easy part of the time between morning & evening chores. I do have another cow with calf to get in though. I have Sunday off, but plan to do some of the siding I still need to finish on my house.

I never had high blood pressure till I hurt my knees and started gaining weight. If I can get these old joints working to where I can run again, I might get off the meds.
Sounds like a busy weekend.

Edited by SupplySergeant, October 11, 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#1686 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 01:29 PM

I never had high blood pressure till I hurt my knees and started gaining weight. If I can get these old joints working to where I can run again, I might get off the meds.
Sounds like a busy weekend.

I was 202lbs last night.  I used to weigh 233, but still didn't have high BP.  DID have a LOT of heartburn, but that is 99% gone.  Didn't sleep well last night at all due to my heartbeat being very erratic.  It kept waking me up.  Doing good today though.  

Not a bad weekend really.  Today we just got back from the Amish salvage grocery & some Chinese lunch.  Now to move the baby calf to the calf barn.  I put her & momma in the foot trimming pen this morning.  Will I do siding on the house tomorrow?  That remains to be seen.  Depends mostly on how rested I feel in the morning.

• Craig. and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#1687 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,079 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 03:53 PM

I was 202lbs last night.  I used to weigh 233, but still didn't have high BP.  DID have a LOT of heartburn, but that is 99% gone.  Didn't sleep well last night at all due to my heartbeat being very erratic.  It kept waking me up.  Doing good today though. 

I've been lucky that the only real problem I have is the blood pressure, and it is well-controlled with the meds. I'm at about 240 right now, most I've EVER weighed. But the new job will help, I'm spending 12-14 hours a day on my feet again, so less couch-potato poundage!

#1688 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Not too bad today.  Only had to put in an actual 10 1/2 hours of work.  Getting 2 1/2 hours break in the middle sure helps!  No big issues milking tonight, but always have the usual kickers, and some of them may be hitting the trailer soon.  Getting old dealing with them & it's not like they have mastitis or anything else bothering them....they're just mean!   Oh well, off duty tomorrow unless all heck breaks loose.

4 wheeler has a left axle tube bearing going out, so we're on foot till at least Monday so we can go get a new bearing.

• Craig. said thank you

#1689 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,472 Thanks
  • 5,006 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 10:32 PM

and some of them may be hitting the trailer soon.

Good for you. They would have left here in a rendering truck. 

#1690 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 06:13 PM

VERY productive day off farm work today!  Got my chimney "bird stop" all finished, then got some much needed house siding done.  Also got my clothes washer drain line repair sealed up and covered back in with dirt.  Did some trimming of house vapor barrier that hung down past the siding on the south side, mowed my yard & part of the farm frontage area, and now finally calling it a day.   I love productive days!  :thumbs:

Oh, and I finally got round to finding the leak on the left front tire of my JD430.  Plugged that too today.

• Craig., KennyP, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#1691 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Glad it was a good day, Daniel.

#1692 Craig. ONLINE  

Craig.

Ronald Craig

• Member No: 1842
  • 881 Thanks
  • 763 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:25 PM

Your day off wore me out!

#1693 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,820 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Your day off wore me out!

Did me too.  Talk about sore & stiff now!  

#1694 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Not too bad today.  Only had to put in an actual 10 1/2 hours of work.  Getting 2 1/2 hours break in the middle sure helps!  No big issues milking tonight, but always have the usual kickers, and some of them may be hitting the trailer soon.  Getting old dealing with them & it's not like they have mastitis or anything else bothering them....they're just mean!   Oh well, off duty tomorrow unless all heck breaks loose.

4 wheeler has a left axle tube bearing going out, so we're on foot till at least Monday so we can go get a new bearing.

Grew up and worked on a local farms years ago. Was the only work there was in the early 50's in a town of 4800 people in New Hampshire. Local farmer had issues with "kickers". Was the days before cattle prods, but not fence chargers. Amazing how one of the dumbest animals on earth came around after a few jolts.

#1695 SupplySergeant OFFLINE  

SupplySergeant

Eggman's Dad

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,079 Thanks
  • 655 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 09:35 AM

VERY productive day off farm work today!  Got my chimney "bird stop" all finished, then got some much needed house siding done.  Also got my clothes washer drain line repair sealed up and covered back in with dirt.  Did some trimming of house vapor barrier that hung down past the siding on the south side, mowed my yard & part of the farm frontage area, and now finally calling it a day.   I love productive days!  :thumbs:

Oh, and I finally got round to finding the leak on the left front tire of my JD430.  Plugged that too today.

I have to hide this thread from my wife, if she ever sees what you do on a day off I'll never get any peace!

• olcowhand, KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks