• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jacobexp OFFLINE  

jacobexp

• Member No: 661
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 17, 2010 - 10:20 PM

Last year I pushed my bolens into the garage and the mower deck bottomed out on the threshold. I didn't realize that the deck wedged aginst the control lever for the hydrostat. I jumped on and hit the key with the tractor pointed at the closed garage door. I can tell you that a full speed bolens 1256 will make a 12' wide garage door look like boat sail in a hurricane. It also burned two holes in the floor coating where it spun out until I could stop laughing enough to hit the kill.

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 13,250 Thanks
  • 17,423 posts

Posted June 18, 2010 - 05:30 AM

LOL too bad you didnt catch it on video :D

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,519 Thanks
  • 30,072 posts

Posted June 18, 2010 - 02:52 PM

Usually I get aggravated with them, but that is definitely a case where I would love working safety interlock switches! :D Glad you could laugh at the situation....I wouldn't have taken it well myself.

#4 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted June 18, 2010 - 03:43 PM

I guess that it's funny.... but only because no one got hurt. I'm the first to admit I know zero about Bolens tractors but how is it that this machine does not have a neutral safety switch to prevent such a thing from happening? No one would be laughing if a child or even an adult had been standing between the door and this tractor.

#5 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 13,250 Thanks
  • 17,423 posts

Posted June 18, 2010 - 08:43 PM

I guess that it's funny.... but only because no one got hurt. I'm the first to admit I know zero about Bolens tractors but how is it that this machine does not have a neutral safety switch to prevent such a thing from happening? No one would be laughing if a child or even an adult had been standing between the door and this tractor.

Back in the 60's Bolens didnt have any safety switches.