#1 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 08:26 PM

My uncle e-mailed me and was very concerned, he said that i have become sporadic and is begining to make a lot of noted mistakes, now that it has been bought to my attention i have to stop for a little bit for i see im doing it here. Work has gone compleatly out of control, management has decided to change around the store so i have been working 3 am shifts then closing shift, weekand shifts and the back to 3 am shift and the next day closing shift, sleeping a few hours here and there.
I also have a Poulan Pro frount tine tiller and a Toro 450 GTS2 i have not been able to touch in over a week which has my uncled very worried, My customer Mike is very upset but i have been too burnt out to fix it, tommorow i will be working 6 am to 12 pm then wen morning at 3 am to 9 am then closing from 12pm to 9;30 pm then the long awated 2 days off to recover.
So im asking for the helpfull guys here on GT Talk to please help, i thought Sydrio76 's engine was a Model 19 off a simplicity, http://gardentractor...-chor-trac-3hp/.

Im trying to find the other posts i may has messed up but my brain is too tired to think straight, i pulled a double shift today, morning and evening.
Im going to slip into a coma for a while.

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hope you get some rest when all this is over , be careful driving and anything else that you could get hurt on/with , Al
  • trowel said thank you

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Be careful Jesse. Burning the candle at both ends can get very old very fast! I hope that you can get some good sleep before it takes a toll on the body!
  • trowel said thank you

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,649 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 09:51 PM

Jesse, be VERY careful, as burning both ends is hazardous to one's health! Try & get some rest.

Candle burning_bothends.jpg
  • trowel said thank you

#5 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 10:46 PM

Its ok kid, your doing your best. Tell uncle kevy,he has also has been know to burn the candle at both ends, but so far its hasnt killed him. i miss those days of him running off of coffee and smokes, after driving out 22 hrs straight to a DB show.
  • trowel said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,464 Thanks
  • 39,695 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hang in there, trowel! Some rest will straighten things out for you!
  • trowel said thank you

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 06:31 AM

Hope sleep is coming your way, constant deprivation takes a real toll on a body.

We all are guilty of trying to fit 28 hrs into a day, it even worse when it's thrust upon you.

Good luck.
  • trowel said thank you

#8 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 08:11 AM

Jesse, those hours would burn anyone out. Do what you have to do for you and your family, but take care of yourself.

Me, I used to be able to do doubles, but not anymore. One shift is all I can stand anymore.
  • trowel said thank you

#9 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 09:18 AM

Thanks a bunch guys, im working closing shift tonight, only 4 pm to 9:30 pm so it won't be too bad, i feel like i was just in a fight not too long ago, every joint in my body hurts.
Working long shifts is normal, 9 to 10 hour days at one job or two part time jobs but short shifts at different times of the night, day and early morning each day really throws the body and brain out of wack, for a few days there i was running on minimal sleep and food.
In the last 3 days it came down to 4 workers willing to fight (work) the front line, me, Mark, Joe and our supervisor Mr DeShawn, we made it happen.
I would pay to see any member of Corporate do what we did and still wake up each day and work like we did, undoubtedly they watched our progresses via security cameras in the store and it leaves me wondering what is going to happen next.

The candle is still burning, i will put it out on my day off tommmorow, thanks again guys.