Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 09:13 PM

If he's posting a picture of you tractor in Ebay
Then he must of copied one of YOUR pictures that you posted of it somewhere.

Edited by DH1, April 01, 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#17 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 09:15 PM

ok im in kingston ontario canada and he is in Howe, IN, United States thats 10 hrs away

#18 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 09:18 PM

I would do as Troy says and contact E-bay. See if they will let you buy the tractor. I would wear this guy out if he is a scammer..

#19 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 09:24 PM

This is the picture of your tractor?
KGrHqRHJBIE9tHo6uTBPbn9DyfQ60_12.JPG

It was posted here Jan 10/2010 post # 40
> http://www.mytractor...?t=89144&page=3

Edited by DH1, April 01, 2012 - 10:08 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#20 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 10:30 PM

<<<I had a guy use a pic of my Ridemaster one time looking for Ridemaster tractor parts.
I look for Ridemaster stuff all the time so when I seen It I email him asking what he is doing with my tractor.
He told me he was sorry and he would take the pic down, I told him I had no problem with what he did I was just looking into it.
I latter talked to him over the phone and help him with some tractor stuff. :thumbs:

It never hurts to ask somebody, if he gets fishy talking about it I would do something.

#21 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 10:44 PM

WOW dh1 you found it! great job! 8tyman8 I would so get in touch with E-bay. and like mentioned earlier being the winning bidder sure would be fun.

#22 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 11:07 PM

Two yrs back i had someone do this to me. In the selling of his Suburban, he made the dumb mistake of posting my high clearance custom built one in his ebay ad. Funny thing was he could have only got it from my yahoo group. I went though a couple days of phone calls and faxes with ebay and they finally pulled the ad. I told them straight out it was my custom built tractor he was using the picture of to try and sell his machine. I dont mind people showing others a picture of my machines to be used as a guide for id'ing the unit, but lets dont just assume you can use them to sell your stuff, or use them to promote something. Photos are the copyrighted property of the owner/taker of the picture. Any court in this county will back that up

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 06:49 AM

Maybe asking him for the serial number first would be fun, just to see if it your s/n he gives you?

#24 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 08:01 AM

I have run across that same kind of thing before. Last year there was an Iseki Bolens tractor on Kijiji,listed right here in Nova Scotia. I recognised the photo as on that was owned by a guy in New Hampshire.I e-mailed the guy and asked him why he didn't have a pic of his tractor in the ad,as I new this one wasn't his.I never heard anything back from him,nor did I expect to.
This sort of thing happens all the time.

#25 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 08:06 AM

I had seen someone selling Iseki Bolens manuals on Ebay using a picture of my tractor. I had posted it on a tractor website. If that was the best picture of a Bolens he could find, fine, I had put it out on the internet without any ownership info in the picture. I know some people don't like it, but if you put it on the world wide web, anyone can see it and do things to it.

This site is so much like a family that I feel more comfortable posting more than I might normally. You still need to be careful, not everyone is honest. They may steal your photo from the net, or drive to your home and take try to take the real thing. At least put locks on your sheds or barns.

Ok, down off the soap box.

#26 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hmm - intersting question.

I pinged a fellow on kijiji in southern Ontario about a $1000 moto-mower he was selling - he was using a picture of one of mine that didn't have a motor. His response reminded me of a person I know that is a real jerk. I just wanted to know what a $1000 Moto-mower looks like.

Hypothetical question:

If I take a picture of your tractor at a show (public place), can I use that as an example of what I'm looking for?

If that's leagal, could I take a picture of a picture you've posted on the net and use it? What's the difference?

I don't know the laws regarding the use of pictures on the internet. However, if you want to use one of mine - please ask.

#27 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 09:33 AM

This is the picture of your tractor?
KGrHqRHJBIE9tHo6uTBPbn9DyfQ60_12.JPG

It was posted here Jan 10/2010 post # 40
> http://www.mytractor...?t=89144&page=3

the previous owner of the tractor was James thats technically his picture i got it last summer but the strange part was when i got it i pulled to motor to do a rebuild and i got a (suposably good briggs 8 hp well that was not the case it knocks and smokes) and i put that in the only picture of that tractor is on kijiji and there is 2 videos on you-tube of it but the price on his add seams LOW and how he has NO feed back makes me think he is running a scam also i don't have a eBay account so i cant contact him if not its not a big deal i thought that your suppose to post you own pictures on an add ? its out of sight behind 2 more bolens tractors

#28 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hypothetical question:

If I take a picture of your tractor at a show (public place), can I use that as an example of what I'm looking for?

If that's leagal, could I take a picture of a picture you've posted on the net and use it? What's the difference?

Well its fairly simple, its all in the ownership of the photo. One you take at a public show, is yours, as you took it with your equipment and it reflects your style of taking the photo.

One that someone else has taken, and you have copied from their site or another site, is not yours to do as you please, as you didnt take it, and it reflects someone else style. There is a name for this called interlectual property rights(spelling), and it will hold up in a US court of law. Hundreds of people make their living taking photo's of things and selling them to magazines and books. It is a copywritable property even without filing it with the goverment.

The parts of this that gets me going is people trying to make money from using something they didnt do or own in the first place. Its close to or is a scam. Most people wouldnt mind if someone boasted about a project they found on the net. It does help out the group, but it should be done with full credit given to the orginal person.
  • motobreeder said thank you

#29 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 10:48 AM

I see the ebay ad has been pulled. I reported it to ebay, as well as others that likely did too.
  • Texas Deere and Horse, johndeereelfman, speedyg and 1 other said thanks

#30 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted April 02, 2012 - 02:22 PM

The only time that I have EVER!! been able to use photos, or pictures that were not mine was whene I was in school and doing school assignments. Other than that in order for me to paint a picture of somthing that someone else took I have to have permission to do so. Written permission if it is to hold up in court. And in this case not only is it false advertising but he did not have permission to use the photo to in order to proffit for himself.