13 replies to this topic

#1 drbish OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,140 Thanks
  • 1,143 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have three e-mails out for listings for craigslist to contact me about their ads one for over a week and no reply from any.I can not figure out why they even list something if they do not reply,and yes they are all still listed.Actually one is on ebay classifieds and is a Simar C2 J recently restored .That is the one i am hoping to get a response from.
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 12:38 PM

It is like people have no manners anymore, I have the same problem all the time. They sell the item and leave their ad up, and don't reply back to anyone that it is sold.

#3 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,207 Thanks
  • 2,363 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 04:35 PM

I bought a front blade off CL this Spring, about 1-1/2 hours from me. Seller kept bringing the ad to the top every day, but wouldn't answer my emails or phone messages. When I finally got hold of him, kid said he lost his phone!

I got the blade, finally! ~~ Lowell

#4 cp7 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted April 03, 2012 - 10:56 PM

I've got one guy that has emailed me half a dozen times about one of my ads and when I replied to him (I only tried the first couple times then screw him) his server/computer sends me a response about having to fill out some form because it doesn't recognize my email address.
I'm not filling out some silly form and he's gotten very agitated in his emails (why do you keep listing if your not going to respond to inquiries).
You may check the settings on your end. You might also check a spam folder.

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 04, 2012 - 04:47 AM

Yes ,that happens to me all the time.Really makes me mad. I figure if someone puts up an ad,it's because they want to sell something.But if they won't reply back,then apparently they don't.

#6 cp7 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted April 05, 2012 - 08:44 AM

Maynard I just don't understand how it can ruin someone's day to not be able to have something they see listed.

I don't know how many dealings you all have had with Clist buyers or sellers but in my experiences they are not the brightest to deal with. I think even as easy as Clist makes it they can't figure out how to delete an ad and then get mad when you inquire about something that they sold a week or month ago. You can't imagine how many times someone will ask what color is it or how big is it when it's stated plainly in the posting or my pics are as big as your screen, not the stupid little two inch square pics Clist posts for you.

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 05, 2012 - 10:30 AM

It can be frustrating selling used stuff via the internet. I have meant a lot of nice people in the process of selling a variety of stuff over the years. If someone won't reply to me I just move on, as I figure it is sold or they really don't want to part with it after all.

#8 bread320i OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted April 06, 2012 - 07:20 AM

Yes ive had the same issue before. Sometimes your email may go to someones junk mail.I typically dont check my junk folder so i call see why some emails go unanswered

#9 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,149 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Valid points, all around, but we gotta move on...I'm still waiting , I guess, but not like a hostage.
The Ad for my 650, I purchased over a month ago still seems to be reloading,according to dates posted, I don't see too many new items from the seller and I don't think it's my job to tell him how to do his thing...I figured he's leaving old listings up for bait to keep the calls coming.(or maybe he has the motherload of 650's stashed away)

Thanks for bringing it up.

#10 Kurtee OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7561
  • 452 Thanks
  • 410 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 06:27 PM

Post a phone number on craigslist to get responses. I get calls from all over the country on my listings on craigslist. If you want to sell your items use a phone number and answer the phone or at least call the person back. The email thing is crap. If you want to get the ad off craigslist flag it and call 2 friends and have them flag it also. Then do it again when the listing shows up again. Oh yes I know how to be a donkey.

#11 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 07:09 AM

I've been trying to get some clay fill in. There's about six different places offering it for the price of delivery. None of them get back to me. One of them finally called back and said I was too far from where he was working. That's likely why the others haven't gotten back to me either. Great, then put where you are working and where you'll deliver in the ad. It's free.

#12 Acableguy06 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9481
  • 8 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 07:48 AM

I have done a fair amount of buying and selling on CL and I have found some great people, and some not so great. I have had more than one text me for info, that is in the add, then they say they will come out at X time and they text 15 mins or so after that time and appologize for not being there "something came up". They will proceed to set up another time and I will tell them "no you had your chance with me, my time must not be important enough" They get all upset and go on and on about how you must not really need or want to sell, and I say "your right I don't"

#13 motobreeder OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:04 PM

There are a lot of folks that come across as real jerks.

On the other hand, a few weeks ago I picked up mower deck parts and a roto-tiller and at both stops the folks I met were fantastic.

Keep your head up. There's another good deal coming.

#14 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 11:10 PM

Most of the folks I have dealt with on Craiglist have been great whether buying or selling.. eBay not quite so much.