#106 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 09:58 AM

Here's our just picked bunch of peppers, minus a few Teresa already chopped up for sweet pepper relish. Some of the green ones are kind of small, but we were short on green ones this time, so took young ones too. The different colors make for pretty relish!

Great looking peppers!

#107 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 11:15 AM

Those ARE pretty looking peppers! I'm not sure we'll get any, I purchased some hangers-on late in the season, but they were so root-bound they haven't grown much.

#108 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 11:38 AM

Here's the rest of the (HUGE) sweet onions. We have more than this already in the extra fridge, each rolled in paper towels. When our sweet Bell peppers start to ripen, we'll take ripe peppers, green peppers, and some of these onions to make the Sweet Pepper relish. Boy is it good in any soups, and especially tasty in a big bowl of beans!

Ole Cow Hand.. IF you have the time and if your willing to share. Can you post your recipe for all of those wonderful things you talk about. Such as your Sweet Pepper Relish.. My granny passed away before i could learn from her, My mom sadly is not a good cook she will admit to it. BUT My mom is a heck of a green thumb and i am glad to have gotten that from her...

All of what your showing looks amazing. Being as far north as i am i would need a greenhouse to have the growing season required.. Maybe next year..
  • olcowhand said thank you

#109 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 12:55 PM

Ole Cow Hand.. IF you have the time and if your willing to share. Can you post your recipe for all of those wonderful things you talk about. Such as your Sweet Pepper Relish.. My granny passed away before i could learn from her, My mom sadly is not a good cook she will admit to it. BUT My mom is a heck of a green thumb and i am glad to have gotten that from her...

All of what your showing looks amazing. Being as far north as i am i would need a greenhouse to have the growing season required.. Maybe next year..

I'll have Teresa gather the recipes & scan them & post! Give me a day or 2, as things are more than wild right now.

#110 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 01:04 PM

Thank you very much and time.. take all that you need. I understand. My dad has 16 brothers and sister.. All of which are farmers.

#111 twostep ONLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 01:13 PM

Teresa got her first ripe cantaloupe from the garden tonight! She's thrilled, and I'm happy for her, but I don't care for them myself. I'm waiting on my Charleston grey watermelons myself! :thumbs:

did you start these from sead of buy the plants? my mom, the wife and the oldest all love them so I'd like to try and grow some next year.

#112 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 02:15 PM

did you start these from sead of buy the plants? my mom, the wife and the oldest all love them so I'd like to try and grow some next year.

I buy started plants. Just not enough time in my calendar to start from seed.
  • twostep said thank you

#113 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts