• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shorty OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,319 Thanks
  • 3,740 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 02:56 PM

This morning I went to a local gt auction thats held twice a year. There was everything you could think of, dirt bikes, cycle, golf carts, forklift, trailers, a forklift, plows, discs, snowplows,push mowers, tillers. 8 rows of GTs and riders, the longest row had 28 units and the shortest had about 15. The 9th row was mainly CUTs. Then there was what they called there junk row, odds and ends and tractors of various stages of disrepair with most looking fixable. The sale seemed a little bit smaller than some years, a cool rainy morning didnt help. Last years sale had 900 bidders and 400 units plus small items. I managed to get a few pics.

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 03:29 PM

You got a few pics...did you come home with anything :laughingteeth: ? If not, I hope that you had a good time anyhow!

#3 Littledeere OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,540 Thanks
  • 1,438 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 04:13 PM

Not much older stuff there????
I did see a Brinly disc and the Sears stuff how was the prices

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 06:05 PM

That 444 Case is pretty nice, what did it bring?

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 07:09 PM

Wow shorty, that's quite the auction. Some of those GT's look pretty good, especially that Case. How were the prices? If you didn't get anything, did you bid on anything?

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 08:21 PM

Nice auction. I've never seen one of those New Holland tractors before. It almost looks like an Ariens.

#7 shorty OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,319 Thanks
  • 3,740 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 11:12 PM

Just went to browse and dream. Didnt even register to bid, that way I couldnt get in trouble with too much. Most tractors bring full value almost no bargains here. There was one line of older tractors I didnt get picture of there was Sears, Cub Cadet Wheel Horse , Pictures were just ones that caught my eye. The 444 paint job brought back memories of running the Case 1170 on the farm, even had the flat plate weight bracket on the front like its big brother. The New Holland's paint job was so ugly I had to show it. It should have been olive green-gray instead. Ariens bought the line from New Holland and continued the look. I grew up a few miles from the New Holland plant and always liked them. Last years sale had a New Holland that was painted bright red and yellow, that stuck out like a sore thumb. One thing I dont like about this sale is it seems half the people go home past my place with all their new toys piled high making me envious. The pictures didnt really do the lineup justice, it would need many more, video would be better. My son and I had a great time even tho we came home empty handed.

Edited by shorty, March 31, 2012 - 11:17 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for the pics.That's a pretty nice looking Case,even if they did cut a hole in the hood for the exhaust.