Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Have A Good Picture Of An Original Cable Set-Up?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 01:22 AM

I'm trying to piece the old Original back together as close to how it is suposed to be. It was pretty hashed to begin with. Does anyone have any good pictures of how the throttle and choke cables hook-up? I'll be putting a paper element air filter on it as the oil bath ones are a little out of my current price range so maybe a good pic from a 70 would be better as I think I see the choke cable mounting to the oil bath air cleaner housing. Thanks much!

#2 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 09:08 PM

I can get a pic of how it's setup on my 73 for you. Only thing that concerns me is I think the bolt pattern on the carbs is different for the air cleaner. I had a carb from an Original that had an oil bath air cleaner on it on my 73 at one time. It seems to me if I remember right that the holes in the back of the air cleaner didn't line up with the holes in the Original carb. I think the throat on the carb was smaller as well.

#3 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 10:06 PM

I'll have to check that out. I picked up a NOS air cleaner for the 7-8 hp but didn't think to check the bolt pattern.

#4 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 11:55 PM

I have everything for the oil bath but the cup. There just has to be something out there that is close enough to work but I just haven't found it. Anyone have any ideas? Other equipment? Kitchen supplies? Odd coffee cups? Something's got to be close!

#5 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted April 01, 2012 - 01:22 AM

Looks like the air cleaner will bolt right on. Whew. Still would like to have a cop for the oil-bath though.