• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gbrown OFFLINE  

gbrown

• Member No: 8021
  • 20 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted March 30, 2012 - 08:12 PM

I'm nearly finished building the sleeve hitch for my 1050 and can't wait to post pics-- there's gonna be a surprise! Haha. But before I can finish I'm going to need your guys' help.

I'm using the pdf plans I found on this site to build a clone of the Brinly HH-106 and, for the most part, these plans have been great. However, I'm down to building the connecting linkage from the hitch to the llift-arm for the deck and the dimensions given on the drawing are illegible. I have attempted contacting the author(s) but have not heard back.

If you have a Brinly HH-106 on your medium tube frame, or have built this same version yourself, could you please help me out?

If you'll reference page 13 of the attached pdf, I need to know the angle of the bend in the round bar. Or, if you refer to the drawing you'll see that the author shows that the bend is 5" from the end of the round bar and that the bend puts the end of the round bar___" down, but this measurement is illegible. Help?

Attached Files

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 30, 2012 - 10:37 PM

I believe the measurement is 7/8". It isn't much and looking at the drawing I am pretty sure that is what it is. There is a good bit of room for margin of error in that dimension as well. The bend is mainly to help for clearance at the foot rest.
  • gbrown said thank you

#3 gbrown OFFLINE  

gbrown

• Member No: 8021
  • 20 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 08:58 AM

I believe the measurement is 7/8". It isn't much and looking at the drawing I am pretty sure that is what it is. There is a good bit of room for margin of error in that dimension as well. The bend is mainly to help for clearance at the foot rest.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If there's anyone else who cares to add to this, I'd appreciate it.

I'm using a material that's quite difficult to bend so it'd be a pain (and wasted expense) to bend it incorrectly and have to start over.

Keep that info coming and have a great weekend! Here's to getting some seat time! :beer:

#4 mark843 OFFLINE  

mark843

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2905
  • 15 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted March 31, 2012 - 03:03 PM

Awesome :thumbs: I was thinking of building one. Can't wait to see the pics.

Edited by mark843, March 31, 2012 - 03:03 PM.