• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sodisr ONLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 09:41 AM

Are there a lot of differant size U-joints for the bolens tractors ?? My local dis. is trying to sell me 1" cup diameter u-joints where I saw one with a .996 diameter.. Now I know that is only 4 thou,,But correct IS correct..I've been looking at all the manuals you good people have listed in GTT but can't find any sizes of U-joints.. I have a 1477 husky large frame.. And the only PT # I could find is 1724401... Is that for all Joints on all the shafts for most bolens ?? My local dis. looked at that # and shrugged his shoulders and got out a caliper.. Doe's anyone have the EXACT measurments of a 1724401--( if that is standard ) and post it ?? ALSO-- What doe's the 6N,, or 6LN,, N10,, or some of the other #'s I see stamped on universals.. Is there a chart that tells you a size by that ##..?

Thanks sodi..

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 01:09 PM

Are there a lot of differant size U-joints for the bolens tractors ?? My local dis. is trying to sell me 1" cup diameter u-joints where I saw one with a .996 diameter.. Now I know that is only 4 thou,,But correct IS correct..I've been looking at all the manuals you good people have listed in GTT but can't find any sizes of U-joints.. I have a 1477 husky large frame.. And the only PT # I could find is 1724401... Is that for all Joints on all the shafts for most bolens ?? My local dis. looked at that # and shrugged his shoulders and got out a caliper.. Doe's anyone have the EXACT measurments of a 1724401--( if that is standard ) and post it ?? ALSO-- What doe's the 6N,, or 6LN,, N10,, or some of the other #'s I see stamped on universals.. Is there a chart that tells you a size by that ##..?

Thanks sodi..

alot of shaft sizes have a max and min bore or shaft size also is it the splined end or what does it go with a tiller i know the bolens stuff it 3/4 x7/8 sq then goes to 3/4 round but your working with LG frames so i think its 13 spline and it goes to 1" round i would just pick up some 1'' round by 3/4 sq u joints and then get some square stock that is 7/8x3/4 then get it milled at a machine shop to 3/4 x 3/4 then sticker in the joint weld it up and bob is your uncle brother and sister

Edited by 8tyman8, March 28, 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#3 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,116 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 02:27 PM

You could give me a shout as i have the 1724401 ujoints in stock.
  • Bolens 1000 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sizes ?