107 replies to this topic

#91 boostedbuick OFFLINE  

boostedbuick
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9210
  • 73 Thanks
  • 84 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 07:24 PM

This is the first one to break on me.  This is the one that I cracked while tightening the set screws.  I never went back and replaced them, wasn't sure if it would ever fail.  Well, it did.  I never got around to ordering the replacement sprockets after I installed the hardened ones.  Come to think about it, I still haven't ordered the replacement parts.  Hope it doesn't snow.  Been swamped with a million more important things in life.  The possible kubota swap is so far off in the distance I may as well not even bother thinking about it. 

• twostep said thank you

#92 boostedbuick OFFLINE  

boostedbuick
  • Contributor
  • 73 Thanks
  • 84 posts

Posted February 24, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Got it running to prepare for the snow.  No local stores had a 9 tooth sprocket, I had to get a weld together 12 tooth setup, from 2 different places to get enough parts for both sides, and have a 3rd place weld it for me.  Spent 3 hours the night before the big snow to make it fit where an 8 tooth belongs.  Made it faster, which was helpful, but it didn't help the low power.  Need to either rebuild the tecumseh or get this kubota running and swapped.  Needs a heated seat BAD lol.  But it functions again and not a moment too soon!  Second round of snow scheduled to start any minute now.

Edited by boostedbuick, February 24, 2013 - 06:26 PM.

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#93 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted February 24, 2013 - 10:34 PM

Sure hope you can get it up and running.  It sounds from other people in your general area that you are really going to get hammered with snow.

#94 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted February 24, 2013 - 10:45 PM

IF you get as much snow as we got rain you might want to think about getting a Cat D11 to push it with.

#95 boostedbuick OFFLINE  

boostedbuick
  • Contributor
  • 73 Thanks
  • 84 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 10:07 PM

LOL we got lucky.  Our first round was less than predicted, second round would have been a couple inches but it was 36 degrees so none of it accumulated, we just got some much needed moisture.  KC and topeka are only 1 1/2 hours away and they got 20+ inches of snow. 

Edited by boostedbuick, February 27, 2013 - 10:07 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#96 190forklift OFFLINE  

190forklift

• Member No: 6378
  • 36 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hi 

I.am restoring a Struck mini dozer, just like the one you have and was wondering what the paint color should be??? If you know please reply with it. Thanks 190forklift aka Steve guider

#97 boostedbuick OFFLINE  

boostedbuick
  • Contributor
  • 73 Thanks
  • 84 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Man that's tough to answer.  Mine is original paint but I'd be lost as to matching the color.  It's a very pale yellow.  Best bet is probably gonna be calling struck and asking them.  They might have it available as rattle can or by the gallon, or at least give you a close paint code. 

• MH81 said thank you

#98 190forklift OFFLINE  

190forklift

• 36 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks i did call Struck and they said that over the years the paint has gotten darker. They had no paint or paint numbers to help me . She says its proably close to JD yellow and i,m not sure i want to paint any thing that color. I am a case guy and i would never hear the end of it, if i painted it that color. If the weather ever warms up we will paint it some kind of yellow. 190forklift

• twostep said thank you

#99 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:18 AM

She says its proably close to JD yellow and i,m not sure i want to paint any thing that color. I am a case guy and i would never hear the end of it, if i painted it that color.

Paint it Case colors and put an eagle on the front. You can claim it as one of those rare prototypes!!   :smilewink:

#100 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hey 190, since you are a Case guy, why not go with Power Yellow ? :D   

Or alternatively , to keep in line with the 'dozer theme, Komatsu Bulldozer yellow.  PPG Komatsu # 82261  :thumbs:

Just for fun-   http://www.messicks....case_paint.aspx

#101 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 10:17 PM

Main belt is too short (the expensive double sided one). Actually, if it was the correct width, it would be long enough. New belt is wider and sits way higher in the pulleys. Takes up a lot of slack. They special ordered this belt for me and I hope it's returnable. If they can't get a narrower one it needs to be at least 4 inches longer. SOOOOOO It's down for the rest of the week. I'll be outta town all weekend. And I thought I might be riding it tonight....

I dont know if youll be able to help me much but How long is the main belt you used i need too replace mine and dont have a clue on lengths

#102 190forklift OFFLINE  

190forklift

• 36 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 02:50 PM

I would have to take the whole top off to get to it. The belts that came on it are still on it.I did get a new belt with it, but i am not sure what or where it goes. If this will help it is a Gates BB 60. Best i can do you. Sorry i am probably late with this but i don,t get on this very often. 190 forklift
  • superspeedex said thank you

#103 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 05:45 PM

well the four steering belts are 50 inches long i just need to find put the other long one

#104 boostedbuick OFFLINE  

boostedbuick
  • Contributor
  • 73 Thanks
  • 84 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 06:22 PM

The bb 60 is probably the spare for the double sided one.  I just went and checked and the belt I used is a Gates "AA 68".  The letters are the width of the belt and the numbers are the length.  However I think my AA 68 is too long,  It's been awhile since I assembled it but I think I had to cram a much larger idle pulley on the tensioner lever so it would take up the extra slack.  It DOES make it possible to install a larger pulley on the engine, which would speed it up some.  A nice modification as long as you got the extra HP.  My teccy smoker runs out of power before anything else.   I'm not 100% sure but I think I had a BB60 which was too short so we went to order an AA 60 or thereabouts and the only thing we could get was an AA 68.  Too long is easier to deal with than too short.....

Btw this thing doesn't run anymore :(  I fired it right up in october to move it and had no issues, First snow I tried to start it and tried for about an hour with no luck until I broke the pull rope off.  I hate the tecumseh with enough passion to think that it won't run again until it blows diesel smoke :).  BUT rugrat number 3 hit fresh air for the first time on November 20th and my life is hell on spare time.  So I bet it doesnt run again for a couple years.  

Sorry for the delayed response.

• MH81, Talntedmrgreen and superspeedex have said thanks

#105 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 11:10 PM

The bb 60 is probably the spare for the double sided one.  I just went and checked and the belt I used is a Gates "AA 68".  The letters are the width of the belt and the numbers are the length.  However I think my AA 68 is too long,  It's been awhile since I assembled it but I think I had to cram a much larger idle pulley on the tensioner lever so it would take up the extra slack.  It DOES make it possible to install a larger pulley on the engine, which would speed it up some.  A nice modification as long as you got the extra HP.  My teccy smoker runs out of power before anything else.   I'm not 100% sure but I think I had a BB60 which was too short so we went to order an AA 60 or thereabouts and the only thing we could get was an AA 68.  Too long is easier to deal with than too short.....

Btw this thing doesn't run anymore :(  I fired it right up in october to move it and had no issues, First snow I tried to start it and tried for about an hour with no luck until I broke the pull rope off.  I hate the tecumseh with enough passion to think that it won't run again until it blows diesel smoke :).  BUT rugrat number 3 hit fresh air for the first time on November 20th and my life is hell on spare time.  So I bet it doesnt run again for a couple years.  

Sorry for the delayed response.

Yep thanks check out my build thread on mine i have though about putting a 16 hp v twin briggs in my struck it would be tight but i think i could make it look good when done the width of the crank is 1 inch shorter than the width of dozer body

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you