Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Saw One On Craigslist - Can't Get To It Yet...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Sounds great, which model is it? Be sure to share some pictures with us when you get it home.

#17 coachmiami OFFLINE  

coachmiami
  • Member No: 9179
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 03:37 PM

Took some video. Can't find the serial number. Looks like they sandblasted and painted.

Transmission front seal is leaking.
Mower needs some straightening and welding repair.
Scrape blade is new and has a $299.99 sticker on it.
No front pulley on the motor for the belt.
It looks like the bracket for the mower doesn't exactly line up.
No brakes!

And btw - he has two others. One is nice - he wants $2k.

#18 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Well, now, you enjoy it! I'm not sure if thats the factory setup with the spring for the hydraulic pump belt but it looks like a good set-up either way. Your missing the heat shield on the engine, those come up on eBay frequently so if you want a replacement, it shouldn't be hard to find one. The left 3pt arm is bent, i cant tell if the right side is. I think somebody was using the rear blade and caught something and jerked it, causing it to bend. Some heat should straighten it out. The deck is not original to the tractor. The tractor is a 79-84 and the deck is pre '65. If you have the correct brackets for it I'm pretty sure you can still use it. The model is 2414. Very nice score and the tool bar is a good find and those specific "tools" (I dont know what they are called) are on the rare side.

#19 coachmiami OFFLINE  

coachmiami
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 05:33 PM

The deck is not original - you mean the mower? The mower deck is pre-65?

It is going to need help - I can see it won't work as is...

What tool bar do you mean?

Here is a question I drag a lot with a 5' rock rake and thought it would be great to use that on the PK - I wonder if the cat 0 could take it mechanicaly wise..

Thanks for the help!
Miami

#20 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 08:00 PM

The original deck would look like the one below. Its not my deck, I dont remember where I found it so I cant say.

The tool bar is at 0:32 in your video, and after watching it again, it does not look like its for a 3 point. It is however a power king implement and if you take some pics of it I might be able to give you a year range for it.

A lot of people use CAT1 attachments on these tractors. If yours is CAT0 you will be fine with it, if its CAT1 you you will have to either flip the pins for the lower arms inward or add some tabs to attach it that way. You will have to straighten out the arm and since it has bent once before it will be weaker and I would reinforce it to prevent it from happening again.

Attached Thumbnails

• 227.jpg

#21 coachmiami OFFLINE  

coachmiami
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the help. I see - it's called a tool bar as you can bolt different things to it. The mower is different as it is missing the pulleys on the front. Crap. Oh well. Add another project to the list!

#22 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 25, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the help. I see - it's called a tool bar as you can bolt different things to it. The mower is different as it is missing the pulleys on the front. Crap. Oh well. Add another project to the list!

No problem, I'm glad I can help. For parts, they are very available for these tractors. Mission Manufacturing currently owns the power king name and they reproduce decals and I'm sure they have some parts avalible. eBay also has tons of parts.