• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hey Kenny,,, This is pic of the PTO an the rear of my 195 an the wheels an brake hubs,,

Attached Thumbnails

• Shalft for PTO.jpg
  • Rear of 195.jpg
  • Rear PTO pic.jpg
  • 6 Lugs.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#2 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 10:32 AM

An makeing a new thread is the only way I know how to put the pic on here,, Wonder if I put the Manuals on here like this then u will have em or I just mailing them to ya Monday morning

#3 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 06:03 PM

The pic on the left shows the brake shaft for the smaller tractors that use that rearaxle. The pto shaft runs down the left frame rail and attaches to the engine via belt and clutch.
  • Russ said thank you

#4 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hey skyrydr2,,, I just went out an look to see if I could run a straight rod to the front PTO from the back of my Tractor,, It sure don't look like it can be done that way on mine,, The pic on the right is a unit like that hooks up to the shaft on the left side of the trans or rearend,,, An thats what pos to work the rear PTO,,,,

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm!!!! This is interesting. I agree with Keith on the short shaft. That will only rotate if the tractor is moving. I wonder how they ran that sucker? Thanks for the pics, time to study this some more.
The shaft will come thru where I made the Blue circle. It has to be tied to the electric clutch for it to work correctly.
The green items I circled, do they go up and down with the lift? That would make adding the 3-point parts fairly easy.
LGT195.jpeg
  • Russ said thank you

#6 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 08:43 PM

Oh ok Kenny,, An yes where you mark the green at will rise an lower cause when I had my snowplow on the front I looked at the back an seen em go up an down,, An then I have no idea how its pos to work with that shaft an the rearend,,, But I was thinking maybe there is pos to have a pulley on the shaft then a belt going to something on the back for some attatchemsnts of some kind

#7 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 08:58 PM

So now from what you guys are saying is that the PTO has to run off the front with a shaft going from the fron to the back an pos to have that plate like that is in the right hand side of my pic above (I don't know how to move it down to here lol ) That means that plate like has the gears inside of it to work it,,, hhhmmmm,,, So that would be hard to make unless I could find it someplace,,, I could just see somebody haven that part,,,lol

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 07:45 AM

Russ, I may have figured this out. In your first pic, post 1, I see two shafts sticking out. I looked in the parts manual, section 10-1. There I found two shafts sticking out. I borrowed your pic to show them:
195Rear.jpg

I numbered them 1 and 2. the upper, #1 is a counter shaft. #2 is the brake shaft used on the 165's and below.
Here's the pics from the manual:
195Hydrogear1.jpeg 195Hydrogear2.jpeg

I wonder if they used a 90 degree box on the #1 shaft to the big gear reduction you posted?
Fire that puppy up and see if the #1 shaft is turning when you are sitting still! That may be where they took the rear PTO off of.
  • Russ said thank you

#9 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 09:27 AM

Only the #1 shaft is outside the houseing,, The other that looks like a shaft on #2 is not a shaft, #2 is just looks like a shaft but its not an there is 2 of them like that in front of the #1 shaft an 2 short ones in back of the #1 shaft,, Then are for bolting something into them, cause all 4 has treads inside of them,, hhhhmmmmm,,, Also the #1 shaft only moves when ya go fowards an don't move when ya go backwards,,,, An I do know for sure that a shaft CAN NOT go from the front to the back cause ya can't get a shaft rod to go thru an it stops at the back of the motor,, An it can not be ran outside the frame so if I need PTO in back then it will have to be hook up in the back (some how) Also Kenny I want to thank you again for takeing out time to help try an fig this nice puzzle out,,,

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 06:35 PM

Darn it! Thought I had something going there. Got to be some way they got it ran. I'll keep fooling with this and maybe I'll get lucky!
  • Russ said thank you

#11 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 07:48 PM

hahaha,,, Ok Kenny,, Not in a hurry at all here,, I am just getting things together an makeing sure everything works good before I put er in the shed an tear er down,,, Going to see what I can do to get a 3 point hitch someplace,,,

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 06:58 AM

Do you have the capability of building some of those 3-point parts? Might be easier than trying to buy. I'm going to send you a PM.

#13 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 07:32 AM

I like the photo of that rear PTO,neat set up.
  • Russ said thank you

#14 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 07:49 AM

Thanks mjodrey,, Kenny an I are tryinh to fig out how the factory had it hook up to work,,lol,

#15 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm almost positive it has a shaft that drives that box, it most likely is driven off the flywheel or stepped around the engine in this area. Need a manual to figure it out.
  • Russ said thank you