• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 12:18 AM

I was just wondering if anybody else has got a FORD 195 in this club,,, I see all kinds of write ups on the other FORD's but not the 195,,,,,, Only 195 I seen was the one a guy was selling,,, I would like to see some attachment stuff on one an find out what the part is that goes on the side of the trans houseing where a shaft is sticking out,,, I know its for something to be able to hook up a tiller an stuff but can't find the part yet or name of it,,, Well I sure hope someone else has em out there someplace, An yes I am very new at haveing a lil tractor like I have an never owne anything like it,, Rideing mowers yes I have owen but nothing like the FORD 195

#2 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 02:48 AM

Russ, you're definitely in the right place. While I personally don't have a 195 I am pretty sure some of the other guys do, and if no one with one logs in for awhile then we can figure out what it is you need...

pretty sure this guy has one...
http://gardentractor...95-restoration/

ebay has a hoard of parts listed...
http://www.ebay.com/...kw=ford+lgt+195

is this an opensided or do you have side panels?

Good Luck I am sure you'll get the help you're after here on GTTalk...

look up Joe's Outdoor power in sponsors, if anyone has the part it is Joe or if anyone can figure out what you need that is your guy

Edited by NutCASE, March 25, 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 05:17 AM

Russ, that shaft should be a PTO for a tiller. These were only built from '77- 4/80, so all are closed side. Yours is either a 09jc3525, 3526, 3527. The frame on these is different from the LGT125 thru LGT165. I haven't found a pic of the PTO assy. as yet. The 3-point is shown in the parts manual.
3525 3-Point.jpeg

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 06:06 AM

Kenny you seem to know the Fords , I was wondering is the 195 a bigger frame tractor ? I think my friend Joe has a 165 ,Al

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 06:51 AM

Al, I can't say it's bigger, but I'm thinking it is. I know more about the '77-'83 models, not much before or after. I did a lot of research on mine when I got it.
I'm pretty sure the 195's have 6-hole rear rims, but could be mistaken there. They use outboard brakes with shoes like a car. Russ is hopefully sending me some manuals to scan and post. Hopefully that will take a lot of questions out.
  • Alc said thank you

#6 michelle OFFLINE  

michelle

Tractorholic by Marriage

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1655
  • 331 Thanks
  • 303 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 08:29 AM

I have one, but I have never seen another one. Mine isn't running either. ):

#7 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 08:52 AM

Ok Thanks all,,,, An yes Kenny I am send you the booklets I have Monday morning so they will be on the way to ya,, An yea I sure the shft I talking abiut is the PTO for the back,, An has the elc. PTO on the front,,, But not seen any hook ups for the PTO in the back yet,, An yes it does have the outboard brake shoes on back,, An Michelle Mine runs great as it could,, I use a push button for now to start er up but wanting to take it off,, The key switch is just bad,,, I am going to be getting my 195 in shape an paint er up nice,, I love this Tractor every since I seen it at my Inlaws 20 years ago,,lol,,

#8 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 08:55 AM

An Michelle,,, Do ya have any pic on here of your 195 an do ya have any attachments for it or even the PTO parts that goes on the back?? I sure like to see em if I could,, I have a lil pic of it but thats not good enough,,lol,,

#9 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 09:35 AM

I would like to see the PTO set-up also. Russ, can you get a measurement from the front PTO pulley to the back of the frame? That will tell me if you have a longer frame than the 165. We might be able to get you fixed up with some parts to make one work on there. I guess when I get the mailed items I can figure out some things, Just don't have a birds eye view of the engine and frame to work off of. Exploded parts list leave a lot to be desired on visualization. Any pics you can get of the left side and rear would help.

#10 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 10:03 AM

Yea I can do that,, an will let ya know,, I been to my profile an try to see where to put pic on here but the only way I know how is to make a new Thread,, I going to go out an get the messuer right fast,,,

#11 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 10:13 AM

Ok Kenny I just came back in from the shed,, From the back of the frame up to the center of the front PTO pully is 69 inches from the best I could messure it,,
  • KennyP said thank you

#12 michelle OFFLINE  

michelle

Tractorholic by Marriage

• Contributor
  • 331 Thanks
  • 303 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 10:35 AM

An Michelle,,, Do ya have any pic on here of your 195 an do ya have any attachments for it or even the PTO parts that goes on the back?? I sure like to see em if I could,, I have a lil pic of it but thats not good enough,,lol,,

Here's the only picture I can find of it right now. Only attachment I have is the mowing deck. I'll take a look at it today for the back though. I have all the hood pieces, but the PO repainted them and they weren't attached when I picked it up (put them inside the van so they wouldn't get scratched). Still aren't attached though. I think I might be missing a piece or two.

Posted Image

#13 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hey she looks great from what ya have pic of,, I going to put the colors back the way they are when I am done with it,, Sure is nice to see another one around,,,lol,, I am in Corbin Ky. an haven't seen any at all yet of the 195's or any of the other FORD's,, But have seen the big tractors all over,,,

#14 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:55 AM

Also Kenny,, From center of front wheel to center of back wheel is 57 inches
  • KennyP said thank you

#15 michelle OFFLINE  

michelle

Tractorholic by Marriage

• Contributor
  • 331 Thanks
  • 303 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 12:50 PM

I don't have a rear PTO on mine. I guess that was an option.