• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcowboy OFFLINE  

Dieselcowboy

• Member No: 8268
  • 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 08:11 PM

Has anyone had a panzer rear end apart? I am having trouble getting the hogs head separated from the main case. I was told the axles have to come out first but how?

#2 wawcub47 OFFLINE  

wawcub47

• Member No: 852
  • 68 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 09:24 PM

matt, idon't know for sure, but does it have 4 bolts that holdsthe backing plates on. They may hold a bolt on axel flange if the axles are full floating. just a thought. Woody

#3 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 10:40 PM

You will need to remove the tire/wheels, remove the drum brakes, I have included a pretty long Youtube clip link that is very informative on brake removal. The axles are not mentioned until 10:35 untill 11:35 in the video. There may or may not be lube in the axle tube. You will need a small pan or bowl to catch the rear end lube. I have taken two apart and both have been dry. But no guarantees. You should then be able to pull the front section of the differential off. I took mine apart for inspection purposes only. May I ask why you want to take yours apart? I just have never seen one fail....even without lube. Here is the Youtube link address. Good Luck!

• tractormike said thank you

#4 Dieselcowboy OFFLINE  

Dieselcowboy

• Member No: 8268
  • 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted March 27, 2012 - 05:59 AM

I wanted this one apart to replace gaskets and seals mainly . Just part of my restorations is to check everything so later on I don't have any problems arise. Seen to many things I thought would be ok then had to go back and mar up my paint.