#1 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 04:21 PM

been busy with the weather being all nice and nice. decided to get back to one of the projects i started before the snow fell and everything ended up a muddy mess.
i started to get this soft maple off of a couple of old farm impliments that have been sitting back at the old barn foundation for alot of years after deciding to pull them out and maybe either sell them as scrap or (hopefully) to somebody that likes old manure spreaders and hay rakes and needs them for whatever they need them for. found some other scrap and surpises while cutting and slashing away at the area as well.
sheesh! where did al this cr@p come from?
Posted Image
Posted Image

that tree growed up on and in that spreader. what a pain to cut out. lots of chain damage!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

yeah the chain bounced around on this for a moment
Posted Image
Posted Image

the 3 stooges:
Posted Image

and their friend:
Posted Image

my helper for the day, doing every bit as good a job as the clippers. a little messier but still a good helper:
Posted Image
Posted Image

on his break, he get side tracked, often :p
Posted Image

and after a long day of hard work in the yard, his favorite passtime, watching t.v. and reading a mag :smilewink::
Posted Image

i'll be getting out to this spot in the yard quite often during the summer and hope to have the area cleaned up enough to have a few loads of dirt brought in to level i tand maybe grow some more grass. instead of burdocks, thistle and prickle bushes.
  • DB1 said thank you

#2 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 04:42 PM

Whew! Quite the clean-up project you have going on there. You've made plenty of progress though, congrats!

#3 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 05:43 PM

in the first pic you can see the over growth that has to be removed. that right there is a pain in the but. about a days work doing just that. then to find a treasure trove of tires, engines, trannies and old bike and snow mobile parts just adds to the job. good thing the scrap prices are slowly climbing. the collection of it is also. :laughingteeth:

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 05:49 PM

You never know what treasures you might uncover in there. Glad you have a helper that works. My cat just looks at me and mews!

#5 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 05:52 PM

You never know what treasures you might uncover in there. Glad you have a helper that works. My cat just looks at me and mews!

ahhh he's just asking if your done yet! :smilewink: he's (maybe a she?) just trying to help you go faster :orangecool:

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 06:05 PM

Nope on the go faster! She just wants me to pet her. Bi**h! Spoiled rotten Bi**h!
  • trowel said thank you

#7 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 06:16 PM

Nope on the go faster! She just wants me to pet her. Bi**h! Spoiled rotten Bi**h!

AAAAAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAAA! :laughingteeth:
sounds like my cat! doesn't matter what your working on or how important it is. scratch my butt! scratch my ears! scratch my back! scratch something! for gawdsake scratch meeeeeeee! i am allll important! :wub:
at least mine keeps the chipmunks, mice and moles under control. gotta lover her for that.

#8 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 06:16 PM

An't cats grand, you eather love em' or hate em', mines spilled the coffee all over the couch this morning, little %^&^ &*%$.
It truly is a shame the tree really did some damage to the Manure spreader, looks like a New Ideal, the Side Delivery Rake looks ok, shame they will end up in the scrapper.
Can't save everything i gess.

#9 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 06:26 PM

An't cats grand, you eather love em' or hate em', mines spilled the coffee all over the couch this morning, little %^&^ &*%$.
It truly is a shame the tree really did some damage to the Manure spreader, looks like a New Ideal, the Side Delivery Rake looks ok, shame they will end up in the scrapper.
Can't save everything i gess.

i would sooner see these go to a person that either needs parts or likes to restore them. last fall i pulled a small old cultivator out and sold it on kijiji to a person that fixed them up and used them for shows
this thing a ma jig:
Posted Image
Posted Image

the guy was very happy to find it not going to the bin. the scrap dealer (mario) was less than happy when i told him i wasn't interested in giving it up for scrap.

#10 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 06:48 PM

The culti looks like a IH, good save with that one, i don't have the money, time or room or else i would of already sent you a PM fpr a adress.
Sickle Mower, Side Delivery Rake, 2 sulky 2 way plows, pile of walk behind culti's, plows, furrowers, seeders,
Chevy Corvair, Model T, DBs, PJs, Tools, Tools, Tools and more Tools and that's scractching the surface.

Im compleatly out of room.

#11 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 04:24 AM

Nice bit of clean up.I've been doing the same thing around my place.

#12 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 06:36 AM

The culti looks like a IH, good save with that one, i don't have the money, time or room or else i would of already sent you a PM fpr a adress.
Sickle Mower, Side Delivery Rake, 2 sulky 2 way plows, pile of walk behind culti's, plows, furrowers, seeders,
Chevy Corvair, Model T, DBs, PJs, Tools, Tools, Tools and more Tools and that's scractching the surface.

Im compleatly out of room.

all you would need it the time and room. and both of them are easy to get :p you can have them if you can get them out of that spot :bounce:

Nice bit of clean up.I've been doing the same thing around my place.

it's amazing to me how long it takes to clean these old messes up that somebody else leaves behind. i even have to dig down a bit into the ground to remove old glass and metel from when the barn burned down.
:orangecool: thays what a tractor is for i guess :laughingteeth:
  • trowel said thank you

#13 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Sure looks like a lot of work there. A little bit of chain sharpening to be done later too. That cultivator looks like it was in pretty good shape.

Nice looking helper there too.

#14 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 02:31 PM

chain sharpening? whats that? :confuse: the j.d. got a good workout on the big stuff. had to resharpen that chain 5-6 times in the first couple of hours. it wasn't just the metal, but also the debrise and crap on/in the wood. and when you have a 36" bar/chain it takes a while getting it sharp again. and that was only one of 4 saws i was using that day. i still enjoy running a chainsaw. wouldn't trade it off for anything. i also love the working on them side of the fence.....
that dawg is practicly attached to my hip :) when i'm up on the couch, he's right there beside me. when i'm tootling around the yard on the tractor , he's there. when imma gonna do some sawing, he's there. no fear for the machinery. try to get him up near the road, no freaking way. he had a bad experience about a month after i adopted him with the electric fence across the road (sheppards with about 250 sheep) :lol:
he went up to the fence to give a little sniff and ended up getting zapped on the snout. it was one of them sort of funny but you realy felt sorry for him moments. who hasn't accidently touched a fencer? :( not fun in any sence! doesn't even think about getting within 20 or so feet from the road. he does like it when we're out in the back. the further the better. he loves going for tractor tours out in the trees behind the house. esspecialy when i have friends over with their dogs. you can honestly tell when he's enjoying himself. he's a very good boy!

#15 michelle OFFLINE  

michelle

Tractorholic by Marriage

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1655
  • 331 Thanks
  • 303 posts

Posted April 11, 2012 - 09:08 AM

Ooh Great Dane! We have two of the big goofs.

They don't help too much, but they keep the grass from running away on nice days.

Posted Image