#1 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4529
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 03:45 PM

okeeday! so i can't find my original thread about the missing parts for my snow blower on the 1450. no biggie! i was missing one of the rock shafts from under the tractor that takes the movement from the shaft for the mower deck and 'reverses' it for the blower. plus a couple of small linkages to connect them and said blower.
so what i did was basicly take some enginering out of the parts and made them into one simple part. the only issue is the 'up' on the control valve is actually 'down' :blush2: and vice versa. you do get down pressure if needed however. and it's easy to get he hang of. it will lift the blower easily all the way up to the stops and has more than enough drop if i get the tractor on some uneven ground where the blower needs to dip in and out of hills and valleys'. the chute adjuster is made out of a length of all thread i had laying around and a piece of lawn mower handle. (yep, i'm a cheapa$$). just stuff i had around. it is all pretty stout and won't give any problems for years if any.
ramble ramble ramble! pics already! :bounce:
where's the snow?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

the lift bar fit in between the shafts arms and use a cut down bolt for a pin. i ground a flat area in the 'pin' for a lock bolt to hold it in place.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
all in all it works very well and does throw the snow pretty darn good. and the 'down pressure' did come in handy for a couple areas. :orangecool: now i need to wait until next winter to use it again :confuse:

Edited by brokenbudget, March 24, 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#2 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 08:14 AM

oh yeah! the 'lift arm' is from the old blower that came with my wheelhorse 312-8 :smile1: i have a few so i could afford to cut this one up.
also on another note. i did get the 3 point hitch all done and complete. now just need a pto.... :sleep:
Posted Image

used a few basic parts from princess auto and tsc store, plus made a small spacer out of flat stock for the pivot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 09:00 AM

Very nice job on the lift for the SB, I bet it will do a great job next season. The 3Pt looks good also and you will find all kinds of things to use on it.

#4 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 09:04 AM

Very nice job on the lift for the SB, I bet it will do a great job next season. The 3Pt looks good also and you will find all kinds of things to use on it.

already have a tiller in the worx! it'll run off a 5hp briggs but it'll do a fine job. just need to find a couple of extra tines and holders. it's just a front tine tiller i'm converting.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,456 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 09:21 AM

That's a neat way to attach that top link. Thanks for the Idea! I may need something like that. Hitch looks good.
  • brokenbudget said thank you

#6 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:06 AM

thanks kenny! wouldn't mind getting a blade (box blade would be fantastic!) to do some grading of the driveway. maybe even a set of discs for the garden.....

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 11:10 AM

That looks great. Those 1450's look pretty sturdy. The 3pt will add a lot of versatility to the tractor.

#8 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 01:30 PM

oh it does seem to be pretty stout! :) the amount of snow i was cutting through was quite impressive!
the tractor is strong. strong enough i sold the yeller horse. :mecry: i miss my wheelhorse. :mecry: but this messy fergy will take it's place just fine. :blush2:

#9 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 25, 2012 - 07:24 PM

Looks good.
Glad to see you got that sorted out.
Is there anything you can do to the valve lever to change the up/down situation?
Just throwing out an idea.

#10 brokenbudget OFFLINE  

brokenbudget

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 19 Thanks
  • 178 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 11:34 AM

oh i thought aboot it :blush2: but it isn't really a bug deal to me :orangecool:
if somebody was to buy the tractor from me i would tell them about the missing parts and whats needed to make it proper if the current setup wasn't to their liking. however, this messy is staying with me for a while. :beerchug: