• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JoeA OFFLINE  

JoeA

• Member No: 431
  • 1 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted June 15, 2010 - 07:12 PM

Hi all, does anybody know if the steering column/shaft on the mf14 fit onto the mf16...i recently picked up a mf16 with a push plow that needs restoring..first thing i noticed was the steering appears to be junk..is rebuilding the steering an option?..are parts still available?..is it possible to get creative and make something work?..as you can tell i have'nt really touched the thing since i got it home a couple of weeks ago , but now thinking about getting started on it..thanks, joe

#2 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted June 15, 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hi all, does anybody know if the steering column/shaft on the mf14 fit onto the mf16...i recently picked up a mf16 with a push plow that needs restoring..first thing i noticed was the steering appears to be junk..is rebuilding the steering an option?..are parts still available?..is it possible to get creative and make something work?..as you can tell i have'nt really touched the thing since i got it home a couple of weeks ago , but now thinking about getting started on it..thanks, joe

I'm not an expert on the 14/16, but my understanding is that they are identical except for the engines.

The steering columns are fairly easy to rehab. The one on my 12 was really easy to rebuild.

#3 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 15, 2010 - 07:49 PM

I would imagine that they are interchangeable.........

I have welded the shaft that goes through my Ford steering boxes with success.......so far anyways.....lol

Take it apart and see what it needs.

#4 Klopfenstein MF16 OFFLINE  

Klopfenstein MF16

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 512
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted June 15, 2010 - 08:21 PM

I think they are the same as well.....except for the engine.