#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 05:20 PM

Have a 2031, which is about 96 to 98 year, far as I can figure. Was kind of a rare model, near end of speedex, before Armstrong took over. Anyway, the rear axle still has the sideways trans with chain to rear like other models. There is a disc brake on it, just below chain cover. Actuator is a small lever and they have a cobbled up part of a threaded rod going up to the special cable end and that is adjuster, just not close to the brake or arm. There is also a park brake lever above it, that has no links to the brake at all, at time. Wondering is something is missing? Anyone have a similar looking system on they're rig that could get a shot of it? Or a parts page? Kinda hard to get in there and light I know, and stuff in way. Gonna have to come up with some diff link, the brake is Non-functional in big way now! I'll try a pix here.

Attached Thumbnails

• 005.JPG
  • 006.JPG

#2 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted March 23, 2012 - 07:06 PM

Speedex with Brakes? Man I cannot get mine to move fast enough to require brakes...the photos are not conclusive for me...not sure what to do here...

#3 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 02:55 PM

well i can't say for sure but i would think that they would have had a hard rod with a bend to accomadate the hand brake with adjuster nuts for keeping it in place. you could bend a piece of allthread to shape and put a clevice like in the picture on it then at least you have the hand brake to use :thumbs:

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 09:04 PM

This is old post. I made a totally diff linkage, that went from right side pedal back to a rockshaft and on other side came off to the disc brake. Worked very good! Sold tractor now, but think I had the brake changes in a posting on here with pictures??