• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mykol610 OFFLINE  

Mykol610
  • Member No: 9136
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Where could I get parts for the DB 725's? I bought whjoel's 62 Suburban but the clutch isn't the same as whats on mine. I know someone said it looked like a 623 but the guy I've got working on it said the clutch won't work... I'm getting stuck on getting parts for mine and with what I've put in them, I'm tempted to cut my losses and scrap them both. Anyone that would have parts, let me know & I'll get better pics of mine and whjoel's up here tomorrow.

#2 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 10:36 PM

Well I am not sure. Hopefully Trowel will be on soon, as he is the DB Pro. Good luck
  • trowel said thank you

#3 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 02:02 AM

well i probally have more Suburbans than most people here, so what is wrong with the clutch you have? The 62 and up clutch is a little differnt than the earlier ones, but its also just the same in the working parts. Get some pictures of what you have and get us a model number off the tag on the left side of the tranny case, and we'll go from there. I wouldnt get in a hurry scrapping it out, as most of these dont work because their not adjusted properly. A hand clutch is a tricky thing to master, and the DB styled ball locker is a pain in the rear.
  • trowel said thank you

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 04:42 AM

Myko1610,welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.
  • Mykol610 said thank you

#5 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 08:11 AM

Myko1610, don't be scrapping those tractors, it can be fustrating sometimes but take your time, Lauber collects Suburbans and is the going expert on all of them, he is here and willing to help.
I would of been here to help yesterday but i pulled a double shift, im on almost every evening and early morning and know a lot about DB suburbans, between Lauber and me the clutch will get straightened out, just provide us with the needed model no and a picture of two of the clutch.

Edited by trowel, March 21, 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#6 Mykol610 OFFLINE  

Mykol610
  • Member No: 9136
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted March 21, 2012 - 04:20 PM

I got some pics uploaded. I posted them on photobucket because I could only put a couple on here. Heres a link for the album. http://s1212.photobu...David Bradleys/

Edited by Mykol610, March 21, 2012 - 04:20 PM.