• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 06:06 AM

Well Spring has finally arrived.I will say that we here in Nova Scotia,or at least where I live,did not really have much of a Winter.Not in snow or temperatures,and that suits me just fine.We did get a fair amount of rain,which made up for the lack of snow.It looks like we're going to have nice weather,with warmer temps most of this whole week .WOOHOO !!!

#2 jms180 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 860 Thanks
  • 1,154 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 06:28 AM

Seems like we jumped past spring in North Alabama going up to 85 F today should be about 65 F. I watched the weather report last night and the weather guy said we are in a month of May pattern. I planted sweet corn in my garden yesterday. In years past i usually plant first week of April. Very strange weather we are having.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,640 Thanks
  • 39,012 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 06:30 AM

Glad things are warming up for you, Maynard. Today is the first day of Spring.
Weather is real weird, we only had a trace of snow here.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Yes, it is nice hear this week. Normal high temp here is 4c and we are possibly getting over 20c for several days this week. Overall the winter has been 2.5-3 degrees C warmer than normal. Although it's hard to believe long term forecasts they are calling for the warmer than normal trend to continue into the spring.

#5 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Sitting here at 9:00 PM on March 20th at 68*F outside with the windows open listening to the frogs a singing out the window, yes I would say spring has sprung. There have been many records broken around here for high temperatures. Tress are budding, forsythia's are starting to bloom, daffodils up, ice has been off the lake for just over a week, we got the kayaks ready but have not been out yet.