Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

I Wonder How Users Here Feel About This?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 08:23 PM

If you are a customer do you prefer to do business with an establishment that is in it strictly for money, or with a business that pursues excellence in everything they do?...Hypothetically of course!

#2 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,361 Thanks
  • 1,476 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 08:30 PM

While the goal of every business should be to make a profit, you don't get anywhere without taking care of your customers. I prefer to do business with a company that both makes a profit and treats their employees and customers well in the process. If the company is making money and that in turn gains them better buying power their prices should go down. As long as they continue to focus on their customers and the quality of their products they should fourish and be a good company to deal with.
  • trowel and chris m have said thanks

#3 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 08:50 PM

I take my business where customer service is top priority. When that is the case, they will get more word of mouth customers. I do not mind paying a little more for the service. Most likely if that is the case they also take good care of the employees and will be around for a long time. Just my two cents.

Geno
  • CASENUT and trowel have said thanks

#4 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 08:52 PM

kinda the way I feel about it too...thx!

#5 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 09:45 PM

While the goal of every business should be to make a profit, you don't get anywhere without taking care of your customers. I prefer to do business with a company that both makes a profit and treats their employees and customers well in the process. If the company is making money and that in turn gains them better buying power their prices should go down. As long as they continue to focus on their customers and the quality of their products they should fourish and be a good company to deal with.

You said it so well all I can do is agree lol. :yeah_that: :thumbs:
  • trowel said thank you

#6 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 09:59 PM

I agree with IHCubGuy which points out a very important thought, the business needs to respect their employees in the process as well. I always try to support local places that have quality service and products which sometimes means I pay more in up front $ than at one of the chain-stores, but you know what, I don't see the chain-store at my county fair, or helping the FFA kids, or at a fund raiser for medical needs of a local family, or helping us clean up after a flood. Not saying I never go to a chain, but they are not my first choice and fortunately for me they are not the only choice around me, (YET)
  • trowel said thank you

#7 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 11:29 PM

I take my business where customer service is top priority. When that is the case, they will get more word of mouth customers. I do not mind paying a little more for the service. Most likely if that is the case they also take good care of the employees and will be around for a long time. Just my two cents. Geno

I buy from the small shop if possible.

#8 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 03:57 AM

I too try to shop in the small -home owned- establishments. My guideline is "Do they demonstrate that they care about my business?" Clerks,cashiers etc all reflect the attitude of upper management, and a few years ago I did quite a bit of carpentry work. --more than $40K/year in supplies--. There was only 1 source-you all know who that is and since Lowes moved in, I haven't I haven't set foot in the other store.

#9 outlaw070665 OFFLINE  

outlaw070665
  • Member No: 8679
  • 6 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 07:06 AM

i perfer the smaller stores allso but when your doing large projects which require alot of material its best to go to a chain store for prices that are unbeatable they both have their strong suits

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 01:04 PM

Bob is aware of me. Lol

I buy from Bob cause he knows what is what and puts up with my questions lol.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, March 20, 2012 - 01:06 PM.