Garden Tractor Forums banner

1855 Power Steering Question

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  TheFarm2004 
#1 ·
I am tinkering with 1855 a little bit. How high should the steering coulum protrude above the dash? Do I want the steering wheel about flush or should it be up a couple of inches?

Thanks
David

#3 ·
Just got in and I'll take a look at my 1655 tommoro,and let you know.I'll have to give you the measurements from the parts 1655 as the one I use has a power steering box etc: off a chev truck so the steering wheel sits a bit different. Larry

Reactions: TheFarm2004
#10 ·
Made a little progress today. Started bending pipe from the valve to the cylinder. Defendant learning curve bending the tube as I wasted as much as was put on today. And i am still not happy with it! Think I will tee the pressure line and put a gauge on the dash. Once the plumbing is done, need to brainstorm a dash panel, might be stainless.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Machine Gas Automotive tire
Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Attachments

#12 ·
Back tracked some today, didn't like the way cylinder mounting looked cobbled together, cut off and started over. No pictures today,but it looks better and is adjustable. Waiting on a new tubing bender to arrive before more tube gets done.

Look what I found in a parts box!

Computer hardware Gas Auto part Font Plastic

Also had headlight grommets,a new pad for the go pedal and a complete set of belts!

Found these numbers on the top of the control vavles, do they mean anything?

Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Gas Electric blue

Still looking for a handle control repair, part # 7013749.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Made progress today, welded a different mount for the cylinder.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Got a new bender and tried making a new line, the HF bender actually works better,so wasted some $.

Everyday carry Fashion accessory Electric blue Blade Tool
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Mode of transport

Plan on making steel braided lines to replace the rubber hoses once the engine is back in the cradle.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.