• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 04:58 AM

Maybe you can run a pto shaft from your GT to it and run it that way. Make it fit the 3-point and take it all over the yard!

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Thanks folks for all the hints and tips on operating one of these babies. I guess I'll go out and buy a good quality cutting wheel for it to start with. I will be using it outside and using ear and eye protection. A slow cut would be what I would expect to work well on one of these. The cutting disk is too flexy to put much downward force on it.

Pull Cord! Allright!! ...Next question, where is the gas tank?

Gas Tank? Thought you knew better than to ask that with this crew?

#18 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 06:35 PM

Chop saws are very handy. Correct use is important. As someone already said "always buy quality cutting discs". There are different ones available depending on what you want to cut. Always clamp the material to be cut in the vise, ALWAYS. Exploding discs hurt. When you cut you want to push the wheel through the steel as fast as it will cut it without dragging the motor down. Too slow of a feed can cause the wheel to heat up and expand, jamming and damaging the wheel. And as stated earlier, watch out for the razor blades at the cuts. Do not use these for aluminum as it will gall up the wheel and cuts horribly. Aluminum is a different game completely. Just enjoy it safely.

KURTEE
  • JDBrian said thank you

#19 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 19, 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the advise guys. Never used one of these before and appreciate the help. It's a pretty crude devise and plenty dangerous for sure.
Kenny I think it's 3600 rpm so right off the flywheel would get er done!!
  • KennyP said thank you