• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• Member No: 3900
  • 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 09:40 PM

I want to build a boom sprayer ,I have a tank and pump ( 1 gal a min ) I need help on what type of nozzle to put on the boom. I could do a 3 nozzle system something like this 0------0------0 fold out from the center point. Low flow wide pattern would be the best for coverage I think. Pictures will follow soon , I built the mount to fit on my sleeve hitch for easy on/off removal.

#2 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 07:47 AM

I was just looking at my new Northern Tool catalog last night and saw a spray nossle for a boom that has a 16 foot spray width for $20.00. That would do the trick. Then you wouldn't need to have a boom at all. Although it requires 1.5 gpm. I would think 1 gpm would still get you a pretty wide spray pattern. Gary
  • n3pht said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 12:32 PM

I saw one a while ago that was three old pump-sprayer nozzles. They put in a 3 way splitter (cross) and each one had a valve. I didn't study it too close, but I think they used the original hoses even.

The nozzles were all on one side of the wagon with one behind. Little 12v pump... now I wish I'd looked closer at it.

#4 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 12:59 PM

Interesting topic. Keep us up to date with what you do.

#5 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 07:55 PM

Sorry no pic's yet just got home from work, but work did take me right past Northern Tool (and in to the parking lot )Thanks for the heads up on the nozzle Twostacks ,I did pick one up hope to get some time tomorrow to play around with the set up.

#6 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 02:41 PM

Update mount failed and straps came off then a domino affect tank fell off ripped the pump off and broke the fitting on the tank that the hose went on ,battery went dead .

fixed the mount,fixed the hose mount ,changed the strap mounting points,Battery on charge.

Other than that it worked great, did the the neighbors back yard and got great coverage with a single nozzle http://www.northernt...26933_200326933

#7 n3pht OFFLINE  

n3pht

• 21 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
  • MH81 said thank you

#8 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 08:29 AM

Nice setup, I use a tow behind sprayer with two nozzles and I only get about 6 or 8 feet wide, less if I'm spaying tall weeds. I think if it was a little higher off the ground like yours it would do a better job. Glad to hear yours works so well. Gary