• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Ya, I feel your itch. I'm leaving next Thursday to see my brother, about 8 hours one way. He picked up a Cub for me a while back and this will be the first time I could get a couple days off to go get it. Arrghh. He drove it on the trailer when he got it and I'm guessing I'll have to clean out the carb and tank as soon as I get it home with this el'crappo gas they are forcing down our throats these days. Plan on visiting the Baltimore Aquarium and maybe the B&O Railroad museum when I'm there...Hmmm, I thought I was following that post, wonder why I didn't get an update? going looking...Good luck on your trip !

You mentioned something there that just reminded me of what the guys at the Kabota deal were saying. They said that you have to use high octane gas in everything now ( even small 1 cyl mowers) because the ethenol is ruining the carbs and the engines. Has you or anyone else heard of this? :confuse: Good luck on your trip also :thumbs:

#17 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 09:37 PM

Chris looking at the pictures you took is like looking at a factory brochure Great Job :thumbs:

That's how i was feeling too, Fantastic job, the great paint job make it all look OEM :thumbs:
  • chris m said thank you

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 09:46 PM

You mentioned something there that just reminded me of what the guys at the Kabota deal were saying. They said that you have to use high octane gas in everything now ( even small 1 cyl mowers) because the ethenol is ruining the carbs and the engines. Has you or anyone else heard of this? :confuse: Good luck on your trip also :thumbs:

I advise that all the time, heck,..stay away from Ethanol if you can, it loves cork, rubber, aluminum, iron, steel and even the old plastics, will also eat up iron and aluminum, has killed Millions of 2-stroke engine and is currently killing all the older engines slowly, it is orgainic and has a high water content, better use a Nylon pr poly fuel tank because it will eat through the factory liner in a few years, if using a metal tank, clean it out thoroughly and re-line it with Lee W. Pedersen tank sealer or Creem, the low grade stuff will not withstand the Ethanol.
I absolutely hate Ethanol with a passion.
Sorry if i whent a little overboard Chris,..
  • chris m said thank you

#19 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 09:53 PM

I advise that all the time, heck,..stay away from Ethanol if you can, it loves cork, rubber, aluminum, iron, steel and even the old plastics, will also eat up iron and aluminum, has killed Millions of 2-stroke engine and is currently killing all the older engines slowly, it is orgainic and has a high water content, better use a Nylon pr poly fuel tank because it will eat through the factory liner in a few years, if using a metal tank, clean it out thoroughly and re-line it with Lee W. Pedersen tank sealer or Creem, the low grade stuff will not withstand the Ethanol.
I absolutely hate Ethanol with a passion.
Sorry if i whent a little overboard Chris,..

Not at all! I appreciate the info!!! Thanks Jesse!

#20 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 09:57 PM

Not at all! I appreciate the info!!! Thanks Jesse!

I thought of something after I hit post. What a way for the gas companies to make more money! Make it so we have to buy the high octane and pay a higher price or use the regular unleaded and pay a higher price in the end! ( from ruining our engines) <_<

#21 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 10:03 PM

That's how i was feeling too, Fantastic job, the great paint job make it all look OEM :thumbs:

I did the plow like you like Jesse! I used a brush LOL, It came out awesome too.
  • trowel said thank you

#22 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 10:11 PM

I thought of something after I hit post. What a way for the gas companies to make more money! Make it so we have to buy the high octane and pay a higher price or use the regular unleaded and pay a higher price in the end! ( from ruining our engines) <_<

You got it,....Boi diesel was killed off with the introdution of Ethanol, a fuel that is technically illegal to make compared to Biodiesel, your only a few steps away from making corn whiskey with Ethanol.
Anyways, i don't want to kill your thread with my hatefull rambling of Ethanol, im very much looking forwards to you new baby :dancingbanana:
  • chris m said thank you

#23 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 10:13 PM

I did the plow like you like Jesse! I used a brush LOL, It came out awesome too.

When done right it looks OEM and sometimes you don't even see the brush strokes it comes out so good, everything came out so good Chris.
  • chris m said thank you

#24 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the photos of a great looking family. You do nice work.
  • chris m said thank you

#25 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 10:27 PM

Thanks for the photos of a great looking family. You do nice work.

Thanks! I hope that after I am done that I can start doing more fabrication and mods, Like the awesome Things you build!!!!!

#26 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 04:28 AM

That's some great work Chris! The first shot looks like a dealer photo showcasing the lineup. :orangecool:

#27 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 04:34 AM

Chris,nice looking collection you have there.

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,519 Thanks
  • 39,737 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 04:45 AM

Those look great, Chris. You should be very proud of your work on them. Does remind you of a brochure!

#29 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 05:13 AM

Does remind you of a brochure!

Yeah,it kinda does,doesn't it ?