GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 06:41 AM

I am looking at a couple of items being sold at a local auction and am wondering who made them and what they are worth.

The first is a three point plow at http://auction.repoc...s.cfm?ID=786025 . Pretty sure it doesn't have a "front cultivator".

The second is a three point disc at http://auction.repoc...s.cfm?ID=786018 .

They both look well built but would need to be modified to pull behind the Sears SS16.

Thanks, Bill

Edited by GTTinkerer, March 15, 2012 - 06:45 AM.

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,388 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 07:19 AM

Can't answer who's they are, but look like nice items to have. Good luck with them!

#3 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 08:12 AM

Both are Brinly. The plow is the "rare" 3 point. Its supposed to be very heavy duty for GT use. The harrow looks like a "finish" harrow, the disk are non adjustable on the angle and what angle is there is not very steep. It should leave a nice seed bed, but it doesent have an agressive cut.

They are both standard cat 0 mounts. You would be better off making new lift arms for the sears than trying to mod either one of those. As for the harrow, how strong is your arm?

#4 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 12:11 PM

I think that the plow is for an Economy tractor with three point. The plow I have no idea.

#5 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Really don't need the disc since the RotoSpade works great but the plow would make tilling much easier with sod. I'll see where it is at the end of the day.

#6 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 07:25 PM

The plow is for sure a Brinly, I have had one like it for about 15yrs now. I have used it behind my 16hp Mitsy, 30hp Mitsy 4WD and and old 8N, depending on what I was trying to do with it. I haven't seen many and I wouldn't sell mine for that kinda money, but each his own on prices.

#7 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 07:55 PM

I should have bid on it but since I already bought the SS16 and rotospade along with the wide front end for the Copar Panzer T102 recently I let it go to keep some resemblance of peace in the house.

Edited by GTTinkerer, March 15, 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#8 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 08:21 PM

Ya, there is something about "a contentious woman" not being particularly pleasant to deal with, and gee-whiz with prices the way they are, trying to buy jewelry or taking a little trip to sooth the situation is even pricier than our toys...whats a guy to do?

#9 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted March 16, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Those are both Brinly three point attachments. A model PP-1200 12" plow and the DD-1000 disk harrow.
They sold for a pretty good price. I got $350 out of the last disk I had and $300 out of a plow.
The disk I've got now was on a Sears tractor and still had the hitch hanging on it when I bought it. It also came with a three foot long piece of pipe that was needed to extend the lift arm to get enough leverage to lift the thing. Look at a Sears disc and compare it to a Brinly three point. I think you'll be better with Sears implements but your not going to get anything beefier than a Brinly if that's what you need.
The disk does have a little adjustment for angle and most that I've seen have the smooth disks but the one that I have now has notched disks on it.