• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jlpowell OFFLINE  

jlpowell

• Member No: 8518
  • 3 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:07 PM

after a month wait power king is home. thanks in advance for your help. 1st i would like to know if the bar under tractor for push blade is correct or not ? 2nd is there a way to quess year by looks reason being that there are two serail numbers first say's 1973 [26881] 2nd say's 1983 {58040] one on dash is the oldest? the hydraulics are under the tractor. 3rd why does it say 4 speed when it has a 3speed with reverse.all inall it is in fair shape ibelieve the engine has been replace due to serail munber dates it 1987.only found one weld that needs repaired but it is where you hook up deck and push blade100_0993.JPG 100_0994.JPG 100_1000.JPG 100_0995.JPG 100_0999.JPG 100_0999.JPG 100_0991.JPG 100_0992.JPG

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 06:33 PM

They first put the hydraulics under the tractor in 79. The last year they produced the steel body tractors was in 84 (maybe 85, I dont remember.) The rod for the blade looks to be original but, I have never seen that style in person so I'm not 100% on that. If it was an 83 it would have a different style steering wheel, they last used that steering wheel in the late 70s if I'm not mistaken.The body tunnel looks to be from a 4 speed with the way it is cut out around the front and, it does not have the key shaped hole in the tunnel for the optional second transmission, most likely a 4 speed tunnel. The engine looks like it has a dipstick on the side, I dont think any of the 14 horse power kings had a dipstick. The air cleaner has a decal on the side making the air cleaner off of a power king. The parking brake and brake pedal styles are from a later model, im not sure when they first used them but I'm going with late 70s or so. I honestly think it was pieced together. If you remove the body tunnel the frame should have the serial number stamped where your left foot goes. Any of these things could have been replaced and, above all, I could be wrong with my year estimates. Also, nice tractor! :thumbs:
  • jlpowell said thank you

#3 jlpowell OFFLINE  

jlpowell

• 3 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 08:15 PM

steering wheel i put on for the guy i got it from he got it from ebay .it is definitly 14hp asit does say k321 right on the block. im almost sure the engine was replaced due to kohler serial number show it is 1987 . i also know it was used for a graveyard in hendersonville north carolina . the city owned it

Edited by jlpowell, March 14, 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 02:46 PM

83 could have had 4spd in later production. That blade to use that lift rod may not have the correct "arm" on it to install it. Later tractors lifted on arm pointing up and early pointing down, or is that Opposite?? Anyway the real late lift links had both arms installed to fit more years. I had an 81 and had to weld on the arm that I made for it. I do believe this is bunch of parts from many years. The under frame hydraulics are by far the best and best 3pt if that is on it.

#5 jlpowell OFFLINE  

jlpowell

• 3 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 04:04 PM

pulled the tunnel up today and found serail number on frame . it matches the one on grill 58040 so it must be an 1982. so dash has been replaced make me wonder if body was replaced [ hood and tunnel] other than the grill? any one got any idea about bar for push blade? also this may not have been a 4 speed model'

#6 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 05:50 PM

I think that all of the tractors made in 82 had the 4 speed. I know they started making them all with a 4 speed but, Im not sure if it was 82 or 83 they did that. I dont know if the shafts were splined differently between the 3 and 4 speeds but I know that the 4 speed had a weird shift pattern and a previous owner might not have liked it and changed it.

#7 jlpowell OFFLINE  

jlpowell

• 3 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 07:38 PM

well thanks for all the info. very pleased to get the tractor even if it may be pieced together . but i do need a little help tring to find out what rod goe's to the push blade. what it looks like how it attaches to blade and tractor

#8 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Let Me try again! The blade mounts under tractor on four blocks. two in back have slots that rear bar on blade slides into from the front. Front two have slots open on bottom that the front blade bar lifts up into them, then two small "locks" go over the end of that bar, and pin or bolt to small hole on that hanger. That Mounts the blade, which is shown on your tractor now. ONE of the cross bars on the blade should have a flat stock sticking out of it with small hole for a pin that Your bar, laying on ground in picture should slip right over it and be pinned. When you run hydraulics the Bar on ground moves forward and backward. With it pinned to the "arm" on the pivot bar held up in the mounts on frame, it makes that movement be up/down. There are a few diff lengths of the lift bar you have on ground there, depending on exact year you mount it too. You have the long one. There is a shorter one also for 80's models I think. Maybe yours is older one, and you need short? Can just shorten yours if you find that is true. Keep that slight bend in arm though, to clear underneath when blade is lifter. Straight bar will hit before it lifts fully. There is a paper manual on just the blade, not greatest pictures tho. I have it on CD, not sure I can get it off and post or not. Would think somone here has that? Again, the Yahoogroups.com /Power King group has those posted in files if you join there. I got a pix of my CD, scanned it and here it is. Note the lift bar shown with spring on it, is for older models, not what you have. Your type is shown above, depending on serial numbers. Look in pix and see that arm for the bar to hook to is on the front cross bar. Points down. Has two or three diff holes to try your bar in. That varies lift and drop heights.

Attached Thumbnails

• PK blade mounts.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, March 17, 2012 - 09:58 PM.

#9 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 04:52 AM

jipowell,congratulations on getting your Power King home.

#10 jlpowell OFFLINE  

jlpowell

• 3 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 08:55 AM

glgrumpy that the answer i needed. so it not suppose to have round rod . it may be corret bar but just be incorrect lenght . i have the round bar off of another tractor just seen no way for it to work.