#2 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 06:35 AM

First off :welcome: to the forum Dadmotown :wave: glad to have you here as a member. Grab a chair and sit and visit for a while, enjoy the site.
I will have to check my B-1 but most all of the Allis B series tractors had a sticker attached to the rear of the seat pan behind the seat with the model and serial number. The B-1 would probably be from 1961 although it may have been sold into 1962 also. Does yours have the original engine? Might be able to date the Briggs engine also. The B-1 was built by Simplicity which sold their own version of this tractor as a model 725. Any other questions give us a shout. :thumbs: Mike

#3 dadmotown OFFLINE  

dadmotown

• Member No: 615
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 08:07 AM

I am glad I found this site. I will need a lot of help this winter. I bought this tractor for my winter project. All is there except the grill and I will need a complete seat unit. The bottom plate is there but is a little thin in places from rust. I could weld a plate on the bottom to beef up some.The motor has a stuck valve I will need to work on also.

Here is the model type and code off of the motor. SN: 241A type: 46617d code: 3062957. I went to the Briggs site and the code does not seem to have the same format.
Thanks Mike for your help. Dale

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 08:26 AM

:welcometogttalk:
dadmotown,glad to have you here.

#5 dadmotown OFFLINE  

dadmotown

• Member No: 615
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 10:08 AM

I am glad I found this site. I will need a lot of help this winter. I bought this tractor for my winter project. All is there except the grill and I will need a complete seat unit. The bottom plate is there but is a little thin in places from rust. I could weld a plate on the bottom to beef up some.The motor has a stuck valve I will need to work on also.

Here is the model type and code off of the motor. SN: 241A type: 46617d code: 3062957. I went to the Briggs site and the code does not seem to have the same format.
Thanks Mike for your help. Dale

I was looking at the wrong page in my book of info. The model is a 19A 708012 1367 and not the Kohler numbers above. Sorry

#6 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 01:53 PM

I'll dig out my old Briggs service manual tonight and see if I can age your engine for you. That won't tell excatley when the tractor was built but might be close.