Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Walk Behind

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 10:12 AM

http://www.ebay.com/...2#ht_500wt_1288

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 10:28 AM

I think that is a decent price for being a runner. I wish it was closer.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 10:32 AM

I don't think I have seen a front attachment set up quite like that.

#4 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 11:24 AM

Complete & in good shape.... that's a good price. Too bad for me it's a 9 hour drive 1 way :(

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 06:42 PM

Only about a half hour drive from me but I already have a dozen Simplicity 2 wheelers laying around here. :(
I'd be glad to pick it up and store it for any GTTalk member until they could come get it.

#6 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 01:14 AM

Only about a half hour drive from me but I already have a dozen Simplicity 2 wheelers laying around here. :(
I'd be glad to pick it up and store it for any GTTalk member until they could come get it.

So your just a waste land of Simplicitys?? Got any D models? i think the one in the ad is an M.

#7 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 12:13 PM

Jeff, not sure what a "D" looks like- I tried to find one on Simple TrACtors but failed. I agree on the ebay one being an "M".

#8 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 12:41 PM

http://www.simplicit.../simpmodel.html here is a site with pictures of most of the Simp' models. The D was a fairly small unit with an N briggs, most came with the knobby tires. I have a poor one here, and was looking for a little better one to redo and mount a seeder on. Mostly i need a main frame with decent hubs and handle bars., as some butt head brazed the two part hubs together on this one.

#9 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 12:56 PM

I do believe there is one of those out back. It has the cast tee shaped shift levers like the "B", "C", "D". I have a "C" but they are much larger. I have a wash tub over the engine so haven't seen the power plant for years but I was thinking it had a Wisconsin engine. Just too many laying around to keep straight. It does have the remains of knobbie tires. It also has an offset to one of the frame rails under the engine that stands out in my mind. I'm in Kansas City now but can get a positive ID and/or picture this evening.

#10 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 09:19 PM

I finally got home from work and there was just enough light left to snap a pic. Good thing I started this morning at 3AM! :itsok:
Turns out it is a Monkey Wards Plow Trac. No wonder it has Wisconsin power. It is really too nice to be parts. With tires it would be an easy resto project. I believe I had this one running back in the late 1990s. At that time one tire was still good - sure isn't now.

Attached Thumbnails

• plow trac.JPG
  • plow trac-.JPG

#11 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 11:23 PM

yes a plow trac would be a way bigger unit than the D model. There were a number of the trac models over the yrs all using either a simplicity or midland tractor as its base. Chore trac and plow trac's seem to come up often. Not sure what the D model used as another name.

So you dont have any small units down there ? really need a good set of hubs. Have tires and rims, could use my main frame, repair the handles, have a n briggs off a DB that could be made to work, but the hubs are just about trashed. Not sure how im going to get them off and im sure since they are welded up there is no dogs left inside them. Have to look and see if there are any casting numbers on them so i can see if they showed up on other models.

#12 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted March 18, 2012 - 09:02 AM

No small frames. As long as the axle dia. is the same I bet the hubs would be the same.

#13 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 20, 2012 - 03:06 AM

so do you have any hub sets you want to part with??

#14 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,574 Thanks
  • 3,896 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 09:29 PM

I do for sure if the Midland tractors are the same hubs. I'd have to do some digging if they are exclusive to Simplicity.

Midlands are of a different design. They would most likely work but wouldn't be correct for a resto job. With that, I do have a set from a Simplicity with a one inch axle that are yours if you want. I get to Houghton once or twice a week and could meet you there or I could mail them.
I assume your tractor does not have reverse? These are one way hubs.

Edited by Gtractor, March 25, 2012 - 11:01 AM.