Klopfenstein MF16

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 512
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 09:50 PM

Hey Guys,
I have to tell you…I love this site. I have been reading all the great information here over the last few days and let me tell you …. You guys are great.

As I mentioned in my last post, I recently purchased an MF12 Hydro (S/N 1446507968) and an MF16 (S/N 1944200589) and cannot wait to restore both tractors. The tractors came with a Snowblower (Model 620 SN#1458 003 484) and a tiller (Model 550 S/N 2061000027). I have attached pics of both tractors for you to view.

MF12 looks like it’s a 69’
MF16 looks like it’s a 75’

I purchased both tractors from the same individual and was told all the accessories were for the MF16. I am beginning to doubt this statement because the blower seems to match up to the MF12 better than the MF16. I am almost certain that I am missing some brackets because it seems none of the accessories match up perfectly to either tractor.

Can anyone tell from the information that I have provided above, which tractor/s these accessories were made for? Additionally, I have checked some of the manuals on the site and although they have helped out a great deal, they don’t seem to be exact to what I have. All of this is part of the fun of restorations but sometimes it becomes a little challenging….

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would one of you guys have a pic of your blower or tiller mounted?

Thanks
Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• CIMG0464..jpg
  • CIMG0467..jpg
  • CIMG0469..jpg
  • CIMG0463..jpg
  • CIMG0465..jpg
  • CIMG0466..jpg

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 10:38 PM

700 series attachments are for the 7/8
600 series attachments are for the 10/12
500 series attachments are for the 14/16

the 550 tiller is for the 16, its got a roads long belt that runs underneath to drive it
the early 620 blower should have an engagement rod to tension it up, belt runs right from the crank
you can go to agco parts .com or something like that and login as a guest and it will show you a breakdown

#3 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 10:39 PM

those both look like really nice original machines. whatd you pay for them?

#4 Klopfenstein MF16 OFFLINE  

Klopfenstein MF16

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 07:09 AM

Thanks for the comments..

They seem to be all origianl and complete. I gave 500.00 for the MF12 w/ mower deck and 1300.00 for the 16 w/ tiller, blade, mower, and snowblower. Although, it looks like the blower is really for the 12. Both tractors run like they are "new". It looks like I will need to fab up some brackets though to make blower work. I don't think they are all there. The blower is in almost "new" condition, the paint is barely scratched off in the shute...

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 07:44 AM

Good looking equipment you have there.

#6 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 10:59 AM

i dont think so. that funny looking red bracket, bottom row on the left attaches to the tractor and then attaches to the arms on the snowblower. that snowblower is for the 12.

#7 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 11:17 AM

AGCO Parts Books
page 89
  • Klopfenstein MF16 said thank you

#8 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 12:47 PM

That blower is for the 12, and the tiller for the 16. The smaller bracket with the 2 pulleys on it is the mule drive for the tiller, and the funny red bracket is for the blower. However, you have 2 sets of brackets for the blower, the set on it with the helper spring, and the bracket not on it that has no helper spring. Either will work, but the one on the blower now is easier to deal with. it should bolt to the front bumper with the 2 little hooks keeping it from sliding down. Then, a rod should go from a lever on that bracket somewhere to the lift lever under the tractor.

Phew, hope that helped. i'll see what else i can do for you when I have more time to study your awesome finds.
  • Klopfenstein MF16 said thank you

#9 Klopfenstein MF16 OFFLINE  

Klopfenstein MF16

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted June 13, 2010 - 03:04 PM

I would like to say Thanks to all that resopnded to my post. I was able to use the information to get me in the right direction. The blower is mounted to the MF12 and I think I am about 90% there....

I did run into 1 snag, the pulley bracket will need some attention. I found a couple cracks in the casting so removed it from the blower and hopefully I can weld it up with nickle...well see how that goes.

I am having some difficulty with how the shute is supposed to work. I am sure I will figure it out but if anyone has any input on this, I would love to hear it. It looks like the cable just wraps around the shaft?? I don't see a pulley or anything to help control where the cable goes??

Anyway, here are some pics of the MF12 so far....

Thanks again for all your help!
Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• CIMG0480..jpg
  • CIMG0478..jpg
  • CIMG0479..jpg

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted June 13, 2010 - 03:20 PM

The outfit looks great! As to the cable, I have never been around a blower, nor looked at their parts lists. But if anything like early corn silage choppers, the cable wraps around the chute 1 1/2 turns, then heads off to the shaft where both cable ends are secured to shaft. With chute turned one way full, the cable pulling will be wrapped several turns, so the cable needs about one turn around the opposite side of shaft. That's ther silage chopper way at least, but on choppers made long ago.

#11 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted June 13, 2010 - 07:43 PM

Nice looking tractor package there! That 12 looks super clean too, all you need is the hood trim and the decal kit to fill in around the headlights and you will have a perfect tractor! I like the look of the blower too.... kind reminds me of a combine for some reason!

#12 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted June 13, 2010 - 07:46 PM

I'll get a pic of my blower chute tomorrow. Its hard to explain well.

#13 Klopfenstein MF16 OFFLINE  

Klopfenstein MF16

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted June 15, 2010 - 08:26 PM

Fordmustang 1984,

Have you had any luck with getting the pic of your blower shute? I messed with mine again this evening to see if I could come up with something that worked. Just not having any luck. Thanks for your help.

#14 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted June 15, 2010 - 09:40 PM

No, i only had time to pull it out of the shed-to-be. I should have it tomorrow.

#15 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 16, 2010 - 07:54 AM

Those are a couple good looking Masseys you have there :thumbs: They will make you a pair of tough working tractors. They appear to have been pretty well taken care of. Good luckon your projects.