Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Putting To A Vote So Entertain Me For A Moment Lol

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Putting To A Vote So Entertain Me For A Moment Lol (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Keep, trade or sell Case 222

1. Keep and repair the 222 (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. Trade the 222 for a Ford LGT (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

3. Sell the 222 and not replace it (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

4. Keep the 222 and get a Ford LGT (18 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 wvbuzzmaster ONLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 09:31 AM

Jim said it nicely, but, I drove the 444 again and thought Maybe the hydriv is not too bad and I should fix my 222. I never needed the 444 and hate the hi wheel of it, but boy did I like my 222 the first I used it to mow with. Heck, all it needs is a rattle chased out and the motor mounts replaced...

#17 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 12:25 PM

Casey... a couple things...First saying the hydrive isn't to bad is like saying Vince Lombardi is a football coach. Second, if you get the tools that tractor can be completely disassembled in a Saturday afternoon, then reassembled Sunday. They aren't real complex, and with good amount of energy you can do it... So take some of the proceeds from the sale of your 444 put it away, then set your budget so you allow yourself room and time to enjoy your 222, Who knows maybe you'll find a nice trailer, or new plow, or some other implement that will make the tractor real nice to use.

Now for that 'rattle' that is drivin ya nuts. take off the non essential stuff Hood, Seat, Then start the tractor, did the rattle go away? If not get a couple of people relatives, friends and start the tractor have them listen too...if that still doesn't yield any results...start at the front and put wrenches on each fastener, whatever it is will surface...

I have seen, on the 224's not my 222 but you may want to look at the very bottom of the motor where the motor mounts bolt up. I have had to helicoil 2 of them now because when they came loose the previous owners never tried to fix em and just drove the tractors...
Here is my 'write up' on it...better yet this is the first pic...if you need the rest of the write up I will start a thread here for ya...
Posted Image
this will give you some idea, ...don't be intimidated this is not a tough repair and really simple...when you're done you will say 'that was not to difficult'...

#18 wvbuzzmaster ONLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 12:49 PM

I was thinking that either the balance gear in the engine or the coupling between motor and pump... Both of which will take time.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, March 13, 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#19 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 01:35 PM

Sounds like you already made your decision.

#20 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 03:02 PM

I was thinking that either the balance gear in the engine or the coupling between motor and pump... Both of which will take time.

I'll bet it will take longer to analyze the results of this poll than to actually fix it! :poke: :poke:

#21 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 03:09 PM

I suggest keeping the 222, buying a Ford LGT, also a Massey MF16, a John Deere 430, and a couple of other various colors since you tend to have a hard time deciding.

#22 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 06:21 PM

First,earn some brownie points, dinner and flowers for the wife,it usually becomes important later, and may not be a bad idea anyway. then sit back and wait for the next "must have deal" to fall into your lap.

#23 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 06:33 PM

Casey that's a good dilemma to have. All the choices look good to me. Just pick the one that feels right and go with it. There will always be another deal just around the corner.

#24 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 04:48 PM

First,earn some brownie points, dinner and flowers for the wife,it usually becomes important later, and may not be a bad idea anyway. then sit back and wait for the next "must have deal" to fall into your lap.

I don't think Casey has that problem.............yet!!
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you