• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 alsjunk OFFLINE  

alsjunk

• Member No: 2100
  • 11 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 10:26 AM

Have two Bolens QT16, one has a BF/MS 2425c, the other has a BF/MS 3283f. The 3283 had a rubber tube from the breather valve assy to the air cleaner ( now shot, can't find). Can the 3283 be modified to breathe as the 2425 does? Thanks for any info.

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 11:12 AM

Please check with our site sponsors first, but if they don't have the correct breather tube, this place carries what I think you need.
http://onanparts.com...ndex&cPath=1_66
  • alsjunk said thank you

#3 alsjunk OFFLINE  

alsjunk

• 11 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 02:54 PM

Well, went out and ACTUALLY looked at the two engines and determined that they are quite different as far as the breather set up. I have been laid up with bad back and have too much time to set around and think up stupid questions. Thanks for the link!!

#4 alsjunk OFFLINE  

alsjunk

• 11 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Breather was not the problem after all . Fixed the breather tube with a hose barb & clamp. The real problem was oil blow by into the air cleaner. The culprit was a loose dipstick tube. I removed the dipstick tube and plugged the hole with cut off wooden file handle lightly tapped in. Ran the engine at high and low speeds for 20 mins with no oil in the air cleaner housing!! The dipstick seal appears to be good, but the tube is not tight in the block. I know I read about the dipstick seal could be a problem in one of the GT Talk forums, but can't remember where. Just want to give credit where due!

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 08:53 PM

Glad to hear that you got it figured out! That will be something to keep an eye on in the future. Thanks for letting us know what you found!

#6 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 14, 2012 - 10:10 PM

Breather was not the problem after all . Fixed the breather tube with a hose barb & clamp. The real problem was oil blow by into the air cleaner. The culprit was a loose dipstick tube. I removed the dipstick tube and plugged the hole with cut off wooden file handle lightly tapped in. Ran the engine at high and low speeds for 20 mins with no oil in the air cleaner housing!! The dipstick seal appears to be good, but the tube is not tight in the block. I know I read about the dipstick seal could be a problem in one of the GT Talk forums, but can't remember where. Just want to give credit where due!

BTDT. Mine was the dipstick seal itself. A few wraps of electrical tape and that tightened the seal enough. NO MORE OIL in the air filter. What a blessing it was to mow the yard and actually see it at the same time.