#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 07:45 PM

Went to a Auction Sale 2 hrs from home last Saturday.Bougth some stuff,bent down to pick a box up and Pop,Pop went my back.:wallbanging:Good thing I had my little guy with me:worshippy1: he did all the rest of carrying and loading the truck.Going over to the paying for stuff area sure was h### and the drive home was no picnic either.Saw the Dr Monday got muscle relaxants and pain killers.They worked pretty good but the bed was my friend for most of the week.Couldn't even sit and look at the computer for any length of time.Finally today up walking around and doing some stuff,even looking at the computer.Glad to be feeling better and mending,hopefully in a few days I'll feel as good as new.I haven't had that happen for a couple years now.I've had back problems for years now hate when it gets me down.The worst time was when I was changing the mower deck on my MF 1655 to offset pulleys etc.Guess all the lifting etc: took its toll on my back and put me down for awhile back then. Can't wait to start doing some stuff again. Larry

#2 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 08:14 PM

Oh crap hope you keep felling better.

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 09:51 PM

Man, I here ya 100% massey driver... been there/done that! Back pain is NOT fun! Knock on wood, my back hasn't been too bad lately, but I gotta watch how I lift things. Hope you are able to get to doing things soon.

#4 tractorchick OFFLINE  

tractorchick

Tractorholic

• Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 284
  • 359 Thanks
  • 277 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 11:00 PM

I now it ain't macho, but yoga does wonders for the back. Jus' sayin'.....
Hope you feel better and soon. Lots of summer shows out there you don't want to miss!

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for all the kind words.Anyone that suffers from back pain knows it's not any fun.I do usually try to follow a exercise program to keep this from happening,however I do slack off at times.Well today the little guy is out of school so to speak However he's stepping into{ my class room.} I had bougth a old dirt bike at a auction sale and he's been bugging me to work on it.I told him with the way my back is right now there's noway I can do it soooo he suggested that he'll do it and I can sit on a chair and watch and give him pointer's as how to do things.Well looks like its going to be a trying day for me as I'am the kinda guy who has to jump in and do stuff.Guess I'll have to keep it cool and let him have a go at it.Hope I can keep my cool,very fussy etc: when it comes to doing stuff like that.Guess with my back being sore I'll have to behave.It'll be good for him as well,going to be a interesting day. Larry

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 01:57 PM

Good to hear your back is doing better.

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,643 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 12, 2010 - 03:54 PM

Take care of that back Larry! You only get one in a lifetime! I went through my back trouble in my mid 20's. Couldn't reach my shoes for days. Yes...very painful!

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 14, 2010 - 07:12 AM

Back pain is one of the worse things because it doesn't matter what you do it still hurts. I am glad you are feeling better Larry. It will be tough to only supervise the young one but it will be a good experience for him.

#9 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 14, 2010 - 07:37 AM

Back pain is one of the worse things because it doesn't matter what you do it still hurts. I am glad you are feeling better Larry. It will be tough to only supervise the young one but it will be a good experience for him.

It wasn't to bad to do, Pulled the motor out of the Bike on Sat, I was done buy the time it was sitting on the floor. Sunday yesterday before we went in to see the oldest Daughter we actually were able to pull it apart to the point were I can see the piston etc: Seized in the clyinder doesn't have any scoring that I can see or feel. I poured some penetrating oil on top of the piston and left it like that so in a day or so I'll see if we can free it up. It was a good time he seemed to enjoy doing it so we'll see what happens,he seem's to think its cool to get his hands dirty..Larry