• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dsmithjr OFFLINE  

dsmithjr

• Member No: 7649
  • 49 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 07:48 PM

I sold my 108 and 149 and bought a 2072. I picked it up yesterday.I'm sick so I spent today at the doctor so I haven't got to mess with it much. I gave it a bath and did a quick inventory of things to fix. When I went to look at it the first thing I checked was the rear end bolts. They were all tight but one of the top ones is missing so I mentioned it to the seller and he ended up giving me a parts tractor to make up for the missing bolt. I got the 2072 and the parts frame for $1050 plus it cost me $52 in fuel to pick it up. It runs good doesn't smoke, the hydro is quiet but a little low on fluid. The front tires leak off and I found a pin hole in one. It leaks engine oil a little. It been sitting outside so some of the electrical connections are corroded and it has the black mold on the paint. I haven't run the serial to see what year it is yet. Serial #784969 Model 149730100. The PO had put a 60" deck under it that's pretty solid. Its a little noisy so I bet it needs greasing. Well here are the Pictures Let me know of any other issues to check on this model.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageThis is the parts frame.
Posted ImageThis is the missing bolt
Posted Image

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Looks to be in pretty decent shape. It's nice he threw in the parts frame. Congratulations on your deal.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hey,congratulations,that's nice.I'd really like to get my hands on one of those super garden tractors.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 05:23 AM

Nice tractor and some extra parts. Cool deal. Good luck with it.