• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,275 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 01:48 PM

Dancing Fox, Welcome to the site from a fellow Ohioan. As far as I ever found out they were all called Blackhawk whether they were built by OCC or NFM. The brochure mentioned earlier in the thread can be found here  http://gardentractor...ckhawk-tractor/   I think mine are orange and black like the brochure. With 3 different models offered, some minor changes would be found. I'd say date of production could be found by some of the changes. A lot of times with this older stuff, the real challenge is to find 2 alike! Being from the Bellevue area, it will be interesting to see what you can turn up. Please sharoure y info on the forum so we can document these brands!

PS:  for pictures, try http://gardentractor...file-uploading/

PPS: watch for an email!!

• dancingfox said thank you

#17 dancingfox OFFLINE  

dancingfox
  • Member No: 48105
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 01:49 AM

Me (Paul) again.

MAN (!!!) do  I have the typos or WHAT in my previous message (LOL)? I would like to thank Doug T. for contacting me and "setting me straight" on my tractor. Hey Doug......"Thank you!"

(more later)

Paul

#18 dancingfox OFFLINE  

dancingfox
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 10:29 AM

Doug...

Thanks for writing back and for supplying the download links.

I know it's been awhile since you last wrote me and I reply back (I've been a "little" busy).  Since that time I have my ol' girl all cleaned up and running like a top (it spins and everything!), (lol) All I did as far as "restoration" is concerned is to tear down all the implements completely, wire-wheel nut, bolt, washer, grease zirk, et. al.) and as I did that process to each part I sprayed them with Rustoleum, Crystal Clear, Acrylic to keep all rust at bay.  I also had all the disks, plow shares and cultivator tines bead-blasted and then also clear-coated them with the same Rustoleum. At this time I only have the disk harrow to rebuilt and I'll then be finished. Whew! THAT...was a lot of time!!

I hope this Spring to get in contact (again) with Harold Stahl (grandson to the founder of OCC and also with another 82 year old gentleman who was one of THE last to work at our Bellevue OCC plant. My intention is to get photos of Harold and myself and also of Mr. Wolenslgel and myself and then...of the three of us together. 

Since we last communicated...I also, and ONLY by Lady Luck, stumbled up some shipping crate remnants from..."Ohio Cultivator Co.", Bellevue, Ohio (!). I thought it was quite wonderful and possibly...rare find.  Parts of the bright red wood components have various words , segments of words and stock numbers. I have them cleaned up and waxed to protect the finish.

Write to me when you can,

Paul (pjdavenports@gmail.com)

#19 dancingfox OFFLINE  

dancingfox
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 10:57 AM

Doug...it's Paul again.

I, with my wife's help, tried to download the links you provided.  However,  my printer was messing up and we tried 3 different times. Now we see where you, as the administrator, won't allow any additional attempts to download them. Would you, could you and are you willing to just send the links to me at my email address?  If so...they need to be in a PDF format.

Thanks for your help!

Paul 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackhawk, cockshutt