• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 06:25 PM

Well just came in from swapping out the rear end.Did a lap of the driveway,all gears work good.I was removing all the home made bracketry on the front end so the hood would go on properly and I noticed someone has cut the one tab off that holds the mule drive on.So now,Do I try to build one or do I strip the parts frame and repaint and use it?

#17 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 07:04 PM

If you would strip the parts frame that would give you a good excuse for a restoration.It's already apart you might as well paint it before i put it back together.It probably would be easier and quicker to fab the bracket though.

#18 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 08:04 AM

That is one heck of a deal! WOW!! Are you going to tear down the rear end to repair? It might not be bad if it is not a tough fix. Most often a frozen rear end is just a rusted bearing. Just my 2 cents.

Geno

Edited by bgkid2966, March 12, 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#19 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 10:27 AM

bgkid2966,Just before I yanked the rear out yesterdayit unlocked so I drove for a bit and the right side was very sloppy and started to leak real bad.I figure from sitting outside it got water in it and froze,plus the brearing must be out as well.So I swapped it out with a good one that I had.Might investigate in the summer!