#31 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 12:01 AM

I understand that compleatly, losing sleep over the new baby is hard, lol, let me know the day you are going to get it, mabey i can lend a hand if it's needed.
  • chris m said thank you

#32 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 12:13 AM

Hey Chris, I'm not trying to talk you out of this purchase, I think that you should go get it, but I also wanted to mention that we were set up at the Saegertown, PA show last year next to an older fellow who had one with a sickle bar mower on it (click here for the show pics. the pics of it are scattered throughout the bunch, but there are quite a few pics of it). He said that they are very sturdy built units. Dodge truck differential etc... He also said that they are impossible to find parts for. His was in a lot worse shape than yours and he had to fabricate some of the parts during his restoration because they just aren't available. You could use this in your bargaining with her about it. Good luck with the purchase!
  • chris m said thank you

#33 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 12:15 AM

I understand that compleatly, losing sleep over the new baby is hard, lol, let me know the day you are going to get it, mabey i can lend a hand if it's needed.

Thanks Jesse! And yea the new baby. Oh great, I need to paint it's room and by some oil absorbent diapers for all those possible leaks.Then there will be the cost of a sitter when I am not home! And the expense of putting in a baby monitor so I can make sure no one steels or hurts her while she is alone asleep in her room!! Not to mention the money it will cost for all those new toy's that the baby will drag around in the dirt! It sure isn't easy or cheap being a Parent of a GT! :(
  • tractorgarden and trowel have said thanks

#34 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hey Chris, I'm not trying to talk you out of this purchase, I think that you should go get it, but I also wanted to mention that we were set up at the Saegertown, PA show last year next to an older fellow who had one with a sickle bar mower on it (click here for the show pics. the pics of it are scattered throughout the bunch, but there are quite a few pics of it). He said that they are very sturdy built units. Dodge truck differential etc... He also said that they are impossible to find parts for. His was in a lot worse shape than yours and he had to fabricate some of the parts during his restoration because they just aren't available. You could use this in your bargaining with her about it. Good luck with the purchase!

I am getting that feeling by the lack of info out there. Thanks for the heads up though! I value everyones opinions and input! Another reason I am hooked on this site!

#35 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 08:56 PM

I have been researching like crazy! So far it looks to be around a 53 model GW, should have a 8hp Wisconsin AENS engine, 3 speed dodge trans, and a narrowed dodge rear end.I keep looking at the pictures of the grill it looks to me like there is some type of head light inside? Hard to tell as these must be pics from her cell phone. Also looks like some one added some type of generator/alternator to the right side front?
My Father was kind of hesitant on me getting this until I showed him pictures of this one and restored ones today. He fell in love with it LOL.So yea he is in my corner now for getting this! :smilewink:GardnMastrGW2.jpg Here is a restored Model GW
  • josh deaven and trowel have said thanks

#36 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 09:15 PM

There has been a couple articles in LAGT about these tractors. If you can't find any info, you might PM Kate aka LAGT, they are a site sponsor here. She might be able to help you find more info Chris. Good Luck and nice buy..
  • josh deaven and chris m have said thanks

#37 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 10:18 PM

There has been a couple articles in LAGT about these tractors. If you can't find any info, you might PM Kate aka LAGT, they are a site sponsor here. She might be able to help you find more info Chris. Good Luck and nice buy..

Thanks Brian!!! I appreciate any and all help I get!! :thumbs:
  • josh deaven said thank you

#38 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,728 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 10:15 AM

I have been researching like crazy! So far it looks to be around a 53 model GW, should have a 8hp Wisconsin AENS engine, 3 speed dodge trans, and a narrowed dodge rear end.I keep looking at the pictures of the grill it looks to me like there is some type of head light inside? Hard to tell as these must be pics from her cell phone. Also looks like some one added some type of generator/alternator to the right side front?
My Father was kind of hesitant on me getting this until I showed him pictures of this one and restored ones today. He fell in love with it LOL.So yea he is in my corner now for getting this! :smilewink:GardnMastrGW2.jpg Here is a restored Model GW

Chris, The G is sometimes referred to as the Garden Master Senior. They used either the Wisconsin (GW) or Briggs (GB) They were a belt drive through a tensioner between the engine and trans. The founder of G-A was Glenn Heilman (sp?) and he was a brother in-law of the Ponds. the belt tensioner set-up and housing is similar to the Speedex model B and I wouldn't doubt its the same pattern with different letters. The G would have been 10 yrs newer though. The serial number for the tractor is stamped on the belt tensioner cover. From what I've seen, the first 2 digits appears to be the year. If t has a ight, it was an add on. You mentioned she said he had added something that was probably a starter generator and he could have added the light too. Originally they would have been started with the hand crank through the front. Looks like a good excuse to buy a trailer!! Good Luck!
  • josh deaven and chris m have said thanks

#39 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 01:14 PM

Chris, The G is sometimes referred to as the Garden Master Senior. They used either the Wisconsin (GW) or Briggs (GB) They were a belt drive through a tensioner between the engine and trans. The founder of G-A was Glenn Heilman (sp?) and he was a brother in-law of the Ponds. the belt tensioner set-up and housing is similar to the Speedex model B and I wouldn't doubt its the same pattern with different letters. The G would have been 10 yrs newer though. The serial number for the tractor is stamped on the belt tensioner cover. From what I've seen, the first 2 digits appears to be the year. If t has a ight, it was an add on. You mentioned she said he had added something that was probably a starter generator and he could have added the light too. Originally they would have been started with the hand crank through the front. Looks like a good excuse to buy a trailer!! Good Luck!

Thanks DougT that is some great info! And yes I would buy a trailer but I have been spending all of my money on GT's and parts lol. After I get this one I think I will stop looking at CL for awhile (I hope) :laughingteeth: :thumbs:

#40 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Thanks DougT that is some great info! And yes I would buy a trailer but I have been spending all of my money on GT's and parts lol. After I get this one I think I will stop looking at CL for awhile (I hope) :laughingteeth: :thumbs:

Hah, hah, ha, ha, i said the same thing, i love it too much, too additive,
Thanks DougT, and Chris, looking farwards to it.

#41 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,162 Thanks
  • 1,162 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 04:47 PM

Chris,after seeing the restored pic i am voting for a restore on yours. Congratulations on a great find
  • chris m said thank you

#42 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,728 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Chris, next time you go to Craig's list try spelling tractor TRAILER. Maybe that will help! :bigrofl:
  • chris m said thank you

#43 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 06:56 PM

I called the owner yesterday ( I get nervous because I haven't paid for it) She is such a nice lady! She said that she will not sell it to anyone else, as she knows I want it. I am going up sometime next week instead of this weekend ( takes a little pressure off me) She also said her dad collected allot of things over the years ( he had a farm there) he is in a nursing home now and she has been helping him for 2 years selling stuff off! She already sold 3 large tractors ( said they were AC'S) and a ton of implements! ( I wish i knew sooner) but there is still allot there, So I am hoping I can find some other good finds while I'm there.(fingers crossed) :smilewink:

#44 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 08:16 PM

Remember the camera !! Could be all kinds of neat stuff, even though you probably got the best one already spoken for. I hit the follow button for sure this time, not as anxious as you surely are, but anxious just the same...need photos of this new baby as soon as you can...
  • chris m said thank you

#45 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 15, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Dang Chris, your inching closer and closer, i can't wait to see it.
  • chris m said thank you