Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 07:53 AM

Neat picture of a little bit of your history Daniel, thanks for being brave enough to share it with us :smilewink: :thumbs:

#17 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,477 Thanks
  • 5,009 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 07:54 AM

Fun to see pictures of the past. It's especially nice that you were able to stay in contact with some of your friends.

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 08:34 AM

Interesting about your old school getting repurposed. They built a new elementary school in 1965 in my home town and we moved in halfway through the year. It was one of those uninspiring square cement block and brick buildings that was paved right up to the building. I was surprised to find that it had been demolished about 10years ago. That's a pretty short lifespan for a building.

Yes, Im shure Dainels school was very old too and worth saving too,
Im not 100 % Massachusetts boy, more of half and half but in a state were it's history goes back to the 1600's i can't stand people ripping down a building that was built to last 200 years with very little modifications required, built to last so leave it and repurposed as something else is fine, it is a part of the town's history, if it was up to some of these ''new-bies'' from CT and NY they would rip down every single building in Williamsburg and put in new modern high maintenance short lived garbage they can profit off of, the town is ''looks old and dirty'' to these people, i wanted to walk up to the speaker and give these ''new-bies'' a talking to with some sharp words included, who are they to dictate who, what, when and why, if it was too old and dirty then why move here in the first place ?? they come from money,......we WORK for it, floppers and yuppie think they are entitled after paying a few years of taxes in this town.
Daniel, i did not mean to hyjack you thread, i can delet this if you want, your pictures of old time friends has stirred up good emotions of my old friends.

Edited by trowel, March 10, 2012 - 08:36 AM.