7 replies to this topic

#1 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 09:24 PM

I checked out the site sponsors here and it doesn't seem like either of them sell tires. And if I'm doing something wrong, then I'm sure one of the mod's will blow out my post. But....

As we all know shipping kills on buying GT tires... And retail stores want a premium and you got to wait for them to come in.... This place over in the Rocks near Pittsburgh was a good experience. They've got stock and wholesaler prices. If any of you guys go there just make sure (they gave me this tip on the phone) that you print out the item you want from the website so that you get the internet price on it. They had 6x12 Carlisle lug tires for $59 each... and then just sales tax. Heck, the price wasn't bad even if I would've decided to have them shipped. Looks like most of their business is internet. I just picked a door on the building to open and, lucky for me, I picked the right one cause there was a desk inside it with a fella at the PC. No real office there.

http://www.bruttspecialtytires.com/
  • tractorman604, tractorgarden, johndeereelfman and 2 others have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Awesome Dean, did you get to go sniff the tires at least, I have to take in the new tire smell every opportunity. :bigrofl:

#3 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yes, it would have taken an overactive hound dog to sniff all the tires they had there. Seemed like they had pretty much everything on their website in stock. It was raining hard when I went in and there was some buckets around to catch the roof drips. But it was a pretty nice place actually. Couple of nice guys there. There's a car tire shop upstairs and looks like they shared some machinery and tire dump area etc.

#4 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Awesome Dean, did you get to go sniff the tires at least, I have to take in the new tire smell every opportunity. :bigrofl:

That was funny, still laughing here, and now all I can smell is new tires! :bigrofl:

#5 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 09:55 PM

Wow I just looked up 23 x 8.5 x 12 carlisle tru power (AV tires) there only $159 if you pick them up! $180 delivered, cheapest I have found was $196 delivered and that is for 2 tires. thanks for the link :thumbs:

Edited by chris m, March 08, 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#6 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 07:05 AM

Thanks Dean , Not that far from my tractor scouting area. Shawn

#7 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 07:56 PM

Here is a site that sells tires of many sizes for the lawn and garden.

http://www.millertir...n-garden-tires/

#8 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted March 11, 2012 - 12:03 PM

Nice to be Carlisle. Lots of fellas, including me use Deestones, a foreign made one, but pretty nice. Found them on-line too. Can buy in pairs, and shipping is pretty good. greaterclevelandtire dot com is where I got mine. Had them in two days too. Fast! Went on nice, being new. I've sold the tractors I put them on, so can't say how they held up over time or such. Have seen these also at tractor shows in bigger displays.