#1 Klopfenstein MF16 OFFLINE  

Klopfenstein MF16

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 512
  • 1 Thanks
  • 42 posts

Posted June 10, 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hey Guys,
I am new to the group and very excited about the MF Tractors. My Dad has an MF16 that I fell in love with over the last few years....they just don't make em like they used too.
Anyway, my Dad has restored a number or larger Massey's (20, 35, 90, 95, 97, and 98) quite a collection. The family gets together every year to drive the tractors in the local parade. Its a lot of fun!
I want to restore my recently purchased 16's (I found 2) and my 12 hydro. These are truly awsome little tractors and they are sure eye catchers when moweing the grass.

The most recent 16 purchase came with a tiller, blade, and a blower. The blower has a side mount pulley on it that looks like the one that fits on the model 12. Can anyone confirm if this blower is the correct unit that belongs on the 16? Did the 16's ever have a side mounted pulley?? The pics that I have seen on the net have indicated that there is a pulley down under the center that drives the blower?? I think it it missing some mounting brackets which make it even more difficult to figure out...

Any help would be truely appreciated!

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 12:34 AM

would like to see pictures of your machines

if you go to the gallery here or on the groups.yahoo.com/group/masseyfergusongardentractors/ gallery there too there pictures how to mount

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 03:39 AM

Welcome to GTtalk Steve. It is tough sometimes trying to figure out how the stuff hooks up. Hopefully you have all the pieces that you need to hook it up. I am not familiar with how the implements hook up to the MF16's. I will eventually have one though as it is on my short list. Almost had one but come to find out it was in need of more help then what it should have for the money.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 04:29 AM

Welcome Steve,glad to have you here.

#5 tractormike OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 11, 2010 - 06:03 AM

Hi Steve, :welcome: to the group :wave:! It sounds like you have quite a background with Masseys big and small. I have several Massey garden tractors but never had a 14 or 16 yet, sorry I can't help you out but I'm sure someone here will be able to. Sit back and visit for a while. Post some pictures when you can. Once again, welcome, Mike