• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• Member No: 8072
  • 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well I had plans on filling my new tires on my 140 this weekend with wwf that was till a f3 tornado hit a half mile down the road and I got busy

Well I decided to take today off from cleaning debris and helping people. I've been going at it since it happened I went and bought 12 gal of fluid today and what I found easiest for me I took a old hose and cut it to about 20 inch long hung a funnel from the ceiling of the shop took my floor jack and jacked tractor up filled the funnel up and let it run till it wouldn't. Lower the jack ever so slightly to relieve the air in the tire I guess you could say burp the tire you loose a small amount of fluid when it burps but not enough to matter unless you drop the jack real fast then you will lose a lot
After it burps just add more till it needs burping again which is quite often but it wasn't hard at all drink a coke smoke a cigerrete and fill burp and repeat added six gal of wwf
I now I'm going to be using it a lot. A lot of damage here none to my house but many still in need of help cleaning up
To be honest a lot of people are asking if I burn wood which I do and do need the wood but I don't want to take it because I'm not there to gain from their losses I just want to help clean I will get wood later there sure is enough of it.

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 05:11 PM

robby, I'm glad you got some time off from all that disaster clean up. You need a diversion once in a while.

Nice to hear the tires are filling nicely.

I'm sure all your neighbors feel lucky to have someone like you helping out. Enjoy the rest of your day off.

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 05:24 PM

So will you be using the 140 to aid in the clean up efforts?

Sorry to hear of everyones misfortune around you, glad they have neighbors like yourself to help them through it.

#4 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:25 PM

So will you be using the 140 to aid in the clean up efforts?

Sorry to hear of everyones misfortune around you, glad they have neighbors like yourself to help them through it.

Yeah that's why I took off today from going out that and my wife had to work so I have the kids. I took off all week to help out I could have really used it yesterday but I knew better it was mud and there was snow on the ground it wasn't worth trying. Now my only problem is worrying about getting a flat with all the debris and sharp metal and nails glass you name it out there oh well they make more right

#5 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 924 Thanks
  • 1,216 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Sorry to here about the tornado we also had one friday morning at 8:30 AM. It was an F3 also. Just missed me by 1/2 mile. Lots clean up going on many homes damaged. We are thankful no one killed although several injuries.

#6 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:51 PM

Sorry to here about the tornado we also had one friday morning at 8:30 AM. It was an F3 also. Just missed me by 1/2 mile. Lots clean up going on many homes damaged. We are thankful no one killed although several injuries.

It's definitely something I could do with out

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 06, 2012 - 08:53 PM

Sorry about the horrible weather and I feel bad for anyone that has to go through that and the losses that have been caused for many with the recent storms.

As for filling the tires, I think you will really enjoy the benefits of having them filled and it also gives a smoother ride along with better traction.

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 07, 2012 - 05:15 AM

That is great that you are helping others with the clean up.