Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Brinly Sleeve Hitch Planter All 5 Disks!

planter brinly plnater disks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OxfordMercantile OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8888
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts
  • Location: 7 Miles East of Gettysburg, PA 100 yards off the Lincoln Hiway.

Posted March 05, 2012 - 09:40 PM

Saturday I was sorting things I bought at an estate sale last fall, and while I knew I had a Brinly 3 point hitch plow, I discovered that what I bought as a Planet Jr planter is actually a Brinly sleeve hitch planter that appears to have been used very little, as there is very little if any paint worn off the wheel or the shovels.

I was going to fix it up to use, but already have a later model one that is ready to go, so guess I will probably sell this old unit. Don't know the model #, but has the small HEAVY cast steel wheel on the rear with the seed box above it.

The seed box appears to be in good condition, but unfortunately it was evidently left sit with fertilizer in the other box, as it is badly rusted on the bottom of box.

Amazingly, all moving parts are free, and move as designed to when wheel is turned. It also has all 5 cast iron seed plates with it.

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 10:21 PM

OxfordMercantile, that's a nice looking Brinly planter, and Welcome to GT Talk, very glad you joined,
we have a classifieds section on this fourm here : http://gardentractor...ms/classifieds/
Any question please ask, there are great mod/amin and collectors here.
Bunch of guys with Gravleys here, enjoy.

#3 twostacks OFFLINE  

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 09:05 AM

OxfordMercantile, I'm about 8 miles East of Gettysburg and if you plan to sell that planter, I would be very interested. I rigged up an Earthway planter to plant my gardens, and it works ok, but I'd much rather have a heavier planter. Gary

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 10:24 AM

Great looking planter. It looks like is has seen very little use as you said. It's nice you have all five seed plates too. Congrats on a nice piece.

#5 Littledeere OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,540 Thanks
  • 1,438 posts

Posted March 10, 2012 - 01:29 PM

Witch plates does yours use do you have a pic of one
That looks like it may be a very early one

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brinly, planter, brinly plnater disks