Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Hit By Tornado

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 12:08 PM

:ditto: I'd like the sightseers to know that if your have the ability to cruise past slowly and stare at those trying re-build their lives, then you can get your a@#$$% out of the car and lend a hand, otherwise stay out. It makes those trying to clean up seem to be "on display" for entertainment of the curious and believe me, they don't ;like it.

I agree, I have heard about the same problem around here as well. Maybe put up a gate and then charge them $$$ to drive through. Put the $$$ in a fund to help those hit by the tornado's, because you know insurance isn't going to cover everything.

#32 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 12:15 PM

robby, I want to thank you for the picture you posted yourself. The whole house was destroyed, but someone took the time to erect a flag. Some good folks around you. Take care.

#33 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• Member No: 8072
  • 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 08:32 PM

I have to ask.Why is that Corvette up on what looks to be a two post hoist? Was there a garage around it?

Um yes

#34 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 05, 2012 - 08:33 PM

I agree, I have heard about the same problem around here as well. Maybe put up a gate and then charge them $$$ to drive through. Put the $$$ in a fund to help those hit by the tornado's, because you know insurance isn't going to cover everything.

Actually your right about insurance I'm starting to hear a lot of stories about them screwing people And not a bad idea

#35 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8713
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 12:54 PM

Was going to work on filling
My tires with fluid this weekend mother nature had different plans for me albeit a very close call for me barely a half mile away a tornado ripped through my area it was dead on course for my house but shifted a 1/4 mile away I wasn't home at the time my wife and kids were I work in ems and it's a terrible terrible feeling hearing all the destruction going across the radio knowing it heading toward your family. I got lucky no damage at all how I don't really know my neighbors weren't so fortunate

theLord found favor with you and your family give Him the glory He guides the storms .

#36 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,720 Thanks
  • 4,280 posts

Posted March 08, 2012 - 05:24 PM

I have to ask.Why is that Corvette up on what looks to be a two post hoist? Was there a garage around it?

That's the strangeness of toronados. Hard to believe it could take the whole garage and still leave the car on the rack.

#37 robby1276 OFFLINE  

robby1276

• 10 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 07:19 AM

That's the strangeness of toronados. Hard to believe it could take the whole garage and still leave the car on the rack.

It is strange I was helping clean up what was a house took out everything walls all but I gone roof in the field and yet on the kitchen counter sat a gal of milk untouched

#38 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 07:50 AM

It is strange I was helping clean up what was a house took out everything walls all but I gone roof in the field and yet on the kitchen counter sat a gal of milk untouched

That is odd, a little intimidating too,....

#39 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted March 12, 2012 - 09:19 AM

How about the house that was totally destroyed except for the hall closet where the Mother and kids where? It is truly amazing how something that violent and forceful could leave a gallon of milk, or a closet standing. But you usually hear stories like this with tornado's.